Big Moves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinakajuice

Reaction score
I was brewing extract at my house on my crappy stove that cannot hit a consistent temperature and bottling with inconsistent amounts of carbonation. So basically, I went on a hiatus. A few weeks back I ran into a couple of AG brewers when I went to the Penn State/Indiana game. They were kind enough to let me come along on one of their brew sessions. That was all it took to spark my brewing obsession back up.

First thing on the list was to make the leap into kegging. I am now the proud owner of 12 kegs, a 4 faucet setup from KegConnection’s Black Friday Sale, and a new chest freezer(FCM7SUWW—7cuft GE). I didn’t mind so much working with my crappy stovetop, but bottling honestly killed my motivation to brew. Never again will my only mode of storing the brew I make be bottling, sometimes okay, but not ALWAYS.

Next thing on the list is getting All Grain going. I bought a Coleman Xtreme cooler (62-qt) for cheap online from wally-world for my MLT. I called up my buddy to see if the keg I bought forever ago just happened to still be there at his house and it was…with another one. So there are my BK and HLT. I bought all stainless steel weld in ball valve setups, bulkheads, pickup tube, and quick disconnects from BargainFittings along with 12 feet of silicone hose. I then hit up Amazon for two propane SQ14 burners, a refractometer, 50’ 3/8” copper wort chiller, 2 digital thermometers with timers, refrigerator control unit.

I got my CO2 tank exchanged yesterday, but I still need to get my 3 propane tanks exchanged. I think I’m about done for now. It’s kind of funny, but my checkcard now has a crack in it. Coincidence? I think not.

It was a hard decision, but I just thought that I was going to end up getting all this crap sooner or later so it may as well be sooner. SWMBO did mention something about it asking how much I was spending, but my selective hearing and answering kicked in to save the day. =) I can't tell you how happy I am to see new boxes keep showing up at the house. Yesterday was the freezer, today was the two SQ14 burners. The chiller's coming Saturday.

I'm trying to hammer down a grain order. All that **** and I still haven't ordered ingredients yet? wth...

Back