biab bag

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishrover32

Reaction score
im in ireland and im having serious difficulty acuiring a bag for Biab brewing last time i had to use a big piece of muslin which cost 5 euro and i only got one use out of it so its not practical i need somethin better the LHBS doesnt sell them and i cant get a paint straining bag anywhere here either. so is there any other options for me or do i have to keep spending 5 euro on a crappy muslin bag everytime i brew?

My wife used to make them for me out of voile fabric from a fabric store (used mostly for curtains). I don't have any left though.

I would have no problem going to my LHBS and sending you a handful.

Or order one from here:
http://www.biab-brewing.com

5 euro for a muslin bag...that's robbery. Shipping across the pond is a little pricey, but my bags last a long time! PM me I'll cut you a deal!
Wilser

Ikea has voile curtains as well. 2 large panels for about $5. The mesh is a little more coarse than Wilserbrewer's bag but I've used one panel folded over a couple of times to good effect in a 10 gallon kettle.

Didn't even sew it into a bag. Just fold in half once or twice, line the kettle, and then clamp in place with little binder clips, or bungee cord. Good to go.

dealing with the excess fabric is annoying but it works just fine.

Here's the ikea product:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10070262/?query=lill+curtain

Each panel will last for dozens of batches.

A bit of an old post, but thanks for this! I'm definitely going to swing by Ikea this week...
I did my first BIAB batch last night with a pair of paint straining bags (after belatedly realizing that my kettle was too large and I had way too much grain for one bag).
It worked, but efficiency was pretty terrible using two bags side-by-side in my kettle.

Still, I'm enjoying the BIAB simplicity compared to the cooler mash tun that I used use (and sold when I moved to France a few months ago).

cheers

5 euro for a muslin bag...that's robbery. Shipping across the pond is a little pricey, but my bags last a long time! PM me I'll cut you a deal!
Wilser

I love my wilserbag!:ban: Before that I used a large bag I ordered from more beer but it got small holes after one use! Not my wilserbag it's great!

Latest posts

Back