Bevflex & Perlick flow control faucet (650ss)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjohnson

Reaction score
I've been serving from kegs with picnic taps for a couple years now. Its a pain I'd like to fix. I'm considering purchasing the Accuflex Bev-seal ultra 3/16" ID tubing along with the stainless steel flow control faucets.

The beer I brew varies widely - from english ales, lagers, belgians, etc. If possible, I'd like to keep the lines the same length and not have 20ft per line. I'll probably end up with about 10ft per line if I'm able to do what I want.

I've never used the flow control faucets so I don't have a good feeling for how much "give" they allow you in the system.

Any advice/thoughts?

Any advice/thoughts?

Are you dead set on the Accuflex? I switched to Ultra Barrier Silver and it appears as advertised to have the same flow resistance (or as indistinguishable as I can tell) as standard vinyl tubing but with the benefits of being PVC free (no plastic tastes imparted on beer in the lines), anti-microbial, and flexible:

http://morebeer.com/products/ultra-...crobial-pvc-free-beer-tubing-316-id-foot.html

My lines are 12' long and I get a perfect pour. So far I've done 10 - 14psi, haven't had the tubing all that long.

Rev.

No, I guess I'm not dead set on the accuflex. The upside of the accuflex is that I can get it much cheaper than 1.69/ft. So if the flow control faucet works pretty well, I'd rather spend the money on stainless.

Note that Kuriyama doesn't actually make Accuflex Bev Seal Ultra Series 235 in the 3/16" ID that is widely advertised. The closest is actually 1/5" ID. And if you don't think that makes much difference, plug those numbers in to the calculator found here and you'll see for equivalent resistance you'll need roughly half-again more line than with 3/16" ID tubing.

On top of that, the PET liner is slicker to boot. It's not uncommon for folks to be running 20 footers just to manage ~12 psi dispensing pressure.

The combined effects might make any perceived by-the-foot savings moot...

Cheers!

That same part number is shown as 1/5" ID in the page I linked.
But if it mikes out to .190" in reality that is indeed pretty darned close to 3/16"....

Cheers!

That's weird. I didn't notice that it was the same part no. It looks like they got the OD right on that page you linked but screwed up on the ID. They should've stuck to decimals!

Back