Beverage Cooler recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htm6934

Reaction score
I am looking to by a beverage cooler that will go under a counter top w/ glass front to keep canned beer, etc. I want to keep it are $400 or less and need it to cool down to 36 degrees or so. A lot of beverage coolers out there won't cool down to that temp, from what i read. Does anyone have any recommendations on a beverage cooler or have experience with one that has served you well?

Thanks

I don't know of any off the top of my head, but I think that if you were to wire it up with an STC-1000 type controller you could program it to cool down as much as you need. I think most beverage coolers can get close to what you want. They may not do it by default. It's probably possible to open the control and tweak the default control to go down a bit cooler.

I am looking to by a beverage cooler that will go under a counter top w/ glass front to keep canned beer, etc. I want to keep it are $400 or less and need it to cool down to 36 degrees or so. A lot of beverage coolers out there won't cool down to that temp, from what i read. Does anyone have any recommendations on a beverage cooler or have experience with one that has served you well?

Thanks

Good quality commercial coolers are spec'd to 35-38 degrees.
True manufacturing units have a altitude adjustment to dial in temps. I've used that feature to dial in 41 as my temp.

Back