BevAir DD68 Compressor short cycling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

efjeld

Reaction score
Hey guys, like the title says, I've got a BevAir kegerator and the compressor started short cycling last week. The compressor wants to start and kicks on for about 2 seconds then shuts off. I replaced the relay hoping it was a simple fix. That did not work and now I'm here asking for any ideas or input. If it's not a simple fix looks like a keeper is in my future. Thanks

Assuming there is one, did you replace the start capacitor? If you used a "3 in 1" kit for the relay then you already did but if you just replaced the oem relay that start cap can cause issues...

Cheers!

Thanks for the response. There is no start capacitor for this model. I used the factory replacement relay. There is an overload switch and unless anyone can provide anymore insight to this issue that will be the next "cheap" part to be replaced.

Soooo...just an update. Installed new factory relay and overload. No go for that option. Tried the 3 in 1 kit and the compressor just clicked. I'm assuming a frozen compressor. Instead of nickel and diming a repair I bought a 10.2 cu ft freezer at Best Buy that I'll be converting to a keezer. Best Buy was by far the cheapest, currently a 7cu ft is $150 and the 10 cu ft is $200. The biggest challenge will be lugging that big heavy Beverage Air out of the basement. That mother is heavy!

Back