Best way to bottle a quad?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjolin01

Reaction score
I have a Belgian quad I made this past summer and it’s been sitting in a keg on tap for a few months. There’s still quite a bit left due to the wife thinking it’s too strong and friends preferring ipa. So I am looking forward king for suggestions on how to bottle it and age it to mellow the flavor? Should I use large bottles and cork and wax or Belgian bottles or just good old 12oz with oxygen caps?

I have plain old 12oz brownies and clear wine. I do have a corker. I am thinking I may get corkable brown (either 22oz or 750ml) and some wax.

Or is wax more of a crown cap thing? I could get capping bottles and wax. Suppose best to get O2 barrier caps. That way I can just stand them up.

clear wine bottles won't hold the pressure.
wax is a crown thing, yes

My recommendation is 750ml corkable bottles with a cage, naturally carbonate and the process will scavenge the O2 during the carbonation process. If you want a fancy finish, foil over the cage might be a good option. The thick Belgian bottles can hold more pressure and allow for higher carbonation levels.

I have decided that I am bottling off my keg and using 22oz bottles with crowns and wax

Back