Best News Headlines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh. When it comes to Stoke-On-Trent news, that's nothing!

To be fair, Leek isn't part of Stoke, it's a small market town in the Peak District (with a notable beer/pub culture). It's a world away from Meir which is more your classic rust belt (or "crocks" belt I guess, since it used to be potteries) district.

I can sympathise with the angst against BMW drivers though...

Never understood the hard seltzer. Figured it was one of those gender/age things I just didn't get. Neither of my 20 something kids liked it either so I wasn't sure what the demographic was.

As I get older I think that pretty much defines me. "I don't understand what the demographic is".

I need a T-shirt.
World Was Fine Until Y'All Started Drinking Them Seltzer Beers.png

You knuckleheads that keep adding your grain and hop bills better be careful. It's illegal. And don't even THINK about subtraction in your boil times.

Police should check whether that reporter arrived after the bust or whether he was suspiciously prompt.

I'd check out a moth lab.

An actual lab studying insects. Not a misspelled meth lab.

Not a correctly spelled meth lab, either.

Local Catholic high school won their soccer game after pulling out their secret weapon.

Attachments

• B4F476AA-9C95-406D-9F29-02A7FA9B3247.jpeg
    B4F476AA-9C95-406D-9F29-02A7FA9B3247.jpeg
    221.2 KB · Views: 26
I want a Florida man equivalent to Wisconsin's Manitowoc Minute guy, but all his or her videos are just crazy headlines of things Floridians pulled off.

the best news:

the BigHair (wife, we're from the 80s) had appointment with the surgeon today, to find out if she's done, or has to go on to BRUTAL lung cancer treatment. she just had a lobe removed, waiting on results of testing the lymph nodes.

she was in with the doctor by herself, when her ANGEL of a PA (the one who ran interference for her in the hospital over her blood sugar) came out & told me EVERYTHING IS FINE! she's CANCER FREE!

(she also told me to "act surprised" when the wife gave me the same news)

pardon my sailor talk, but I am sofa king happy right now.

the best news:

the BigHair (wife, we're from the 80s) had appointment with the surgeon today, to find out if she's done, or has to go on to BRUTAL lung cancer treatment. she just had a lobe removed, waiting on results of testing the lymph nodes.

she was in with the doctor by herself, when her ANGEL of a PA (the one who ran interference for her in the hospital over her blood sugar) came out & told me EVERYTHING IS FINE! she's CANCER FREE!

(she also told me to "act surprised" when the wife gave me the same news)

pardon my sailor talk, but I am sofa king happy right now.
Really glad to hear this. My wife is a breast cancer survivor, going on 5 years cancer free. According to the pros from Dover (well, the Mayo Clinic, actually) that’s something of a magic number. After 5 years the odds of reoccurrence are the same as the general population’s chance of developing cancer, or so they say. Here’s wishing you and your wife many happy and healthy years to come. :mug:

Back