Best News Headlines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anybody here remember vera lynn?
Not firsthand, but my grandparents had a couple of her albums.
They had a record changer that they kept loaded and playing softly all day long, mostly with big band and gypsy music though.

I'm sure everyone has heard "I'm in the Mood for Love" and "We'll Meet Again" since they've been in loads of movies.

Last edited:
Not firsthand, but my grandparents had a couple of her albums.
They had a record changer that they kept loaded and playing softly all day long, mostly with big band and gypsy music though.

I'm sure everyone has heard "I'm in the Mood for Love" and "We'll Meet Again" since they've been in loads of movies.
I uhh... think they were quoting some Pink Floyd ;)

remember how she said that...
we would meet again ...
some sunny day.

She's far more than just a backing track on this side of the pond. It's hard to explain to USians as she's so embedded into British culture and connected to the civilian suffering of WWII (and its aftermath) and the promise of better times ahead. But if you were to mix Neil Armstrong, Wonderful Life, White Christmas and Rosa Parks, you get an idea.

"We'll Meet Again" makes a great funeral song if nothing else.

Also goes to show how little it costs them to put in the "extras" if they are willing to install them and not charge for them up front.

Another "maybe not best" headline, but this crazy galoot actually pounded down 75 doggies in buns and lived, setting a new record.

I love that CNN binned this to their Bleacher Reports "sports" arm :D
And I'm wondering if he set some "nutritional" records as well. That's over two pounds of fat right there. Yikes! :eek:

1593915817750.png

i don't know some days when i get a lot of alerts on HBT, i drink that much in calories to brace myself for the onslaught.....i think beer has more vitamins then hot dogs though.....

Back