Best News Headlines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a SALTY sea story!

"this is a no-shitter!"
Question: What’s the difference between a fairy tale and a Sea Story?

Answer: A fairy tale begins, “Now once upon a time…”. A Sea Story begins, “Now this is No ****!”

I might add, that’s generally the only difference.

Capturefs.JPG

The cautionary offerings are well taken ime, as someone with a next-door-neighbor-with-fowl (chickens and ducks) who has learned out here in the boonies there are foxes, coyotes, birds of prey and raccoons, all that will take their toll. Especially in winter - the broadwing hawks are particularly merciless. Nothing like getting coffee in the morning and peering out aways through the kitchen window to see a hawk ripping a chicken into breakfast :oops:

That reality affects me - as I regularly dispose a crazy amount of spent grain on just a dozen birdies who apparently turn it into eggs and crap with aplomb even as their numbers are inexorably whittled down monthly. The neighbors do replace their losses periodically, thankfully, and while there are other animals around, particularly the local deer herd - if I leave a pile of spent malt at our composter will devour all of it within a couple of days, tops - we don't eat deer :) and the neighbors chickens do make some tasty eggs of all kinds of colors...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back