Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Northern_Brewer

British - apparently some US company stole my name
Reaction score

day_trippr

Moderna Or Bust! :D
Reaction score
Fair warning: this is about as disturbing a crime as one could think up :eek:

How they only gave him 15&5 is beyond my comprehension...

Snark_Wolf_Brewing

Snark Wolf Brewing
Reaction score
Reaction score
For several years I lived among people in New Guinea whose ancestors had practiced cannibalism. No one that I knew had eaten human flesh, but one of the grandmothers recalled that as a very young girl they cut up a vicious enemy and sent parts of him around to be fully vanquished. I learned 2 things ... 1. The feet are the best part. If you're gonna barbecue your neighbor, stick to those. 2. Much like cannibalism in North America prior to European settlement, no one ever ate a whole human body. You eat a small part to ward off the spiritual return of the enemy. Gotta get it all ... Body and Spirit.

Dland

Reaction score
Now that cannibalism is on topic, I'll add a caveat I picked up from one of the science lectures I use as soporific:

One consequences of cannibalism tribes in New Guinea was devastating prion disease, related to "mad cow" was apparently passed on and concentrated in tribes that practiced that cuisine.

Apparently eating ones dead might have been an act of respect for fellow tribe members, family etc as often as it was practiced on individuals defeated in tribal wars.

day_trippr

Reaction score
Prions? Ah, what an appropriate, "Twilight Zone" style demise for the consumer - almost as good as the earwig babies :eek:
Not sure how one uses that nightmarish concept as a sleep aid but whatev's...

Sleep Tight! :D

Northern_Brewer

British - apparently some US company stole my name
Reaction score
On a sort of similar note, when my dad lived in Patagonia, he knew people who had gone Indian hunting in the 1920s, in the same way as you'd hunt anything else that you viewed as vermin. Technically that's still within living memory - and you can imagine what happened in Patagonia also happened elsewhere in the Americas....

Anyway, getting back on topic, following on from the stock cubes :

And from Seattle :

GrogNerd

mean old man
Reaction score
yesterday, there were 9981 breweries in the US

today, there are 9995

tomorrow, celebrate >10,000 breweries in this Great Nation!

balrog

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If the Tin Hat Brigades think 5G is
<select one>
[ evil | big government | succubus owned | alien built | makes poison ivy grow on the underside of your toilet seat ]

They must be bulk buying Depends over this news
1625254553247.png

day_trippr

Reaction score
Hahaha! Speaking of "G"s, I was parked in a mall-ish lot this afternoon waiting out a drenching squall and noticed my phone had its "5G" notification active. Well, Skeptical Cat was skeptical as there's not much real "5G" out here in the boonies, so I pulled up my "Network Signal Info" app and sure enough it ID'd the tower as just "4G+", whatever that amounts to.

So, yeah, the phone could even have a "7G" display right now...

Cheers!

pvpeacock

Reaction score