Best News Headlines

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

bleme

Reaction score
does anybody here remember vera lynn?
Not firsthand, but my grandparents had a couple of her albums.
They had a record changer that they kept loaded and playing softly all day long, mostly with big band and gypsy music though.

I'm sure everyone has heard "I'm in the Mood for Love" and "We'll Meet Again" since they've been in loads of movies.

Last edited:

pdcm

Reaction score
Not firsthand, but my grandparents had a couple of her albums.
They had a record changer that they kept loaded and playing softly all day long, mostly with big band and gypsy music though.

I'm sure everyone has heard "I'm in the Mood for Love" and "We'll Meet Again" since they've been in loads of movies.
I uhh... think they were quoting some Pink Floyd ;)

remember how she said that...
we would meet again ...
some sunny day.

Northern_Brewer

British - apparently some US company stole my name
Reaction score
She's far more than just a backing track on this side of the pond. It's hard to explain to USians as she's so embedded into British culture and connected to the civilian suffering of WWII (and its aftermath) and the promise of better times ahead. But if you were to mix Neil Armstrong, Wonderful Life, White Christmas and Rosa Parks, you get an idea.

"We'll Meet Again" makes a great funeral song if nothing else.

Pkrd

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
They should go the other way, and offer a refund for standard features that no BMW driver ever uses. Start with the indicators....

Dland

Reaction score
Also goes to show how little it costs them to put in the "extras" if they are willing to install them and not charge for them up front.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
i don't know some days when i get a lot of alerts on HBT, i drink that much in calories to brace myself for the onslaught.....i think beer has more vitamins then hot dogs though.....