Best movies to watch while getting drunk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star Wars Episodes 1-3. Do a shot or take drink every time you want to beat Lucas and who ever green lighted those steaming piles of crap.

The only thing I actually hate about those movies are the attempts at "romantic" scenes between Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman. I think the character of Anakin was just doomed to be horrible. Think about it, here is a kid that from the age of 9 on is being trained to distance himself from his emotions, and then 10 years later encounters one of the last people he formed an emotional connection with besides his teacher.

Some of that dialog was just nauseating, I'm pretty sure in Revenge of the Sith that Portman's character actually says to Hayden's character "you're breaking my heart". Whoever wrote that line for that character ought to be hit upside the head. There are better and more subtle ways to convey that.

Besides that though, I thought the podracing was neat even if it was a bit forced, like the "gladiator" stuff in AotC. Jar Jar Binks wasn't my favorite character, but I don't have a problem with there being a slightly annoying character that becomes important to the story, I think it adds to the "lived in" feel of the universe they've created. I think those are my main issues with them; beyond those things I liked the prequel trilogy.

I've heard great things about the new one, I still wish that they had just let the franchise stand at 6. If they could actually stop at 9 I'd be ok, but I'm concerned that they're just going to keep making those movies until the brand is so diluted that we don't even have good things to say about the original trilogy and everyone loses interest.
[/geeked-up-rant]

'm concerned that they're just going to keep making those movies until the brand is so diluted that we don't even have good things to say about the original trilogy and everyone loses interest.
[/geeked-up-rant]

:off:

Sorry to kind of prove your point, but they're already planning spin-off type movies like Rogue One starting later this year.

How 'bout some low budget Canadian horror/comedy?

The power of Christ impales you!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIT4_wncEbc"][YOUTUBE]lIT4_wncEbc[/YOUTUBE][/ame]

I still wish that they had just let the franchise stand at 6. If they could actually stop at 9 I'd be ok, but I'm concerned that they're just going to keep making those movies until the brand is so diluted that we don't even have good things to say about the original trilogy and everyone loses interest.
[/geeked-up-rant]

Naw, I hope they make them forever. I don't have to go to it if I learn it stinks, but it's nice to have the choice. The more scifi space movies, the better. I wish there were a LOT more movies like these.

The only thing I actually hate about those movies are the attempts at "romantic" scenes between Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman. I think the character of Anakin was just doomed to be horrible. Think about it, here is a kid that from the age of 9 on is being trained to distance himself from his emotions, and then 10 years later encounters one of the last people he formed an emotional connection with besides his teacher.

Some of that dialog was just nauseating, I'm pretty sure in Revenge of the Sith that Portman's character actually says to Hayden's character "you're breaking my heart". Whoever wrote that line for that character ought to be hit upside the head. There are better and more subtle ways to convey that.

Besides that though, I thought the podracing was neat even if it was a bit forced, like the "gladiator" stuff in AotC. Jar Jar Binks wasn't my favorite character, but I don't have a problem with there being a slightly annoying character that becomes important to the story, I think it adds to the "lived in" feel of the universe they've created. I think those are my main issues with them; beyond those things I liked the prequel trilogy.

I've heard great things about the new one, I still wish that they had just let the franchise stand at 6. If they could actually stop at 9 I'd be ok, but I'm concerned that they're just going to keep making those movies until the brand is so diluted that we don't even have good things to say about the original trilogy and everyone loses interest.
[/geeked-up-rant]

Disney paid serious $$ for the franchise. You can bet they will squeeze every last billion out of it.

Naw, I hope they make them forever. I don't have to go to it if I learn it stinks, but it's nice to have the choice. The more scifi space movies, the better. I wish there were a LOT more movies like these.

I'm in this camp. Make as many SW universe movies as possible. I'd love a post Clone wars pre- New Hope fill in Trilogy, maybe some bounty hunter stuff. Young Han Solo. Some Jedi back stories. Baby Yoda.

Treat it like the Marvel Universe. Origin movies for everyone!

HUTTS: A Musical.

I mean they write themselves.

Like a lot of you guys, I love watching goofy comedies while drinking (Dumb & Dumber, Talladega Nights, Walk Hard for example). There's a couple serious ones I enjoy while drinking as well (Hard Core Logo is awesome, as is Goodfellas). As for TV, I'd have to say American Dad and It's Always Sunny, which I'm watching right now :)

Like a lot of you guys, I love watching goofy comedies while drinking (Dumb & Dumber, Talladega Nights, Walk Hard for example). There's a couple serious ones I enjoy while drinking as well (Hard Core Logo is awesome, as is Goodfellas). As for TV, I'd have to say American Dad and It's Always Sunny, which I'm watching right now :)

I'm surprised it took half this long for its always sunny to come up. Love that show

I second Clerks, but how has no one mentioned Blues Brothers?

Blues Brothers - watching it right now. Fun fact: When the Illinois Nazis go flying off the bridge and fall thousands of feet, that's Milwaukee - not the part with the Hancock Tower in the background, the part right before that.

Not a movie(well they do have movies) but my go to thing to watch drunk will always be the trailer parks boys. And lately I've been watching a lot of mad men, which I don't feel right watching without having some whiskey in my hand.

Movies would probably be clerks, dazed and confused, and good will hunting when I want dem feels.

I like to watch any movie as long as its a good one. Go to movies would be something like Point Break, Backdraft, etc. I like sitting down on a Sat night after everyone is in bed and watching a bunch of Its Always Sunny whilst smashing some beer or bourbon.

I've had a couple of brews and have been watching The Other Guys. Drinking or sober, this movie is awesome!

Goon, best hockey movie out there. I Hope they Serve Beer in Hell, one of my favorites no one has heard of

Know what's great when drinking? Videos of top standups, esp the old school guys like George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, etc. Robin Williams had a couple killer videos,

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

th4MYH695M.jpg

thH5WS46FL.jpg

Know what's great when drinking? Videos of top standups, esp the old school guys like George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, etc. Robin Williams had a couple killer videos,

If you're going with a standups, would there be anyone better to watch drunk than Gallagher?:rockin:

Well, A few come to mind. Grand Prix, Lemans, Funny Car Summer ( about big Jim Dunn, the funny fireman). The Outlaw Josie Wales, True Grit, Rooster Cogburn. Clint's " spaghetti westerns", the Mad Max trilogy...

Anything that involves someone in a rubber monster suit stomping across a miniature studio set in slow motion, embellished by poorly-timed little explosions that cause the frightened onlookers such panic that their words don't match their mouths.

classic comedies work pretty good but i usually go for an over-the-top action flick, stuff like stallone or schwarzenegger, the kind of movies my wife hates. even better, combine the two:

ESCAPE-PLAN.jpg

:tank:

Anything that involves someone in a rubber monster suit stomping across a miniature studio set in slow motion, embellished by poorly-timed little explosions that cause the frightened onlookers such panic that their words don't match their mouths.

Cloverfield was pretty damned funny...

Back