Best Drunkfood

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think anyone would call Steak-ums an ingredient in a Philly cheesesteak. In a real cheesesteak, the purveyor slices the beef very thin, and it gets sorta chopped up more as it is cooked & moved around.

I remember loving Steak-ums as a little kid. Then I started cooking in my teens, bought a box, made one - and threw the rest of the box away. They don't even taste like meat.

Same as a Chef-Boy-Am-I-Hungry pizza. That's just not even pizza unless you are under 10 years old.

Oh man, now I am sooo hungry... I really want a cheesesteak wit'out, and either Provolone or Wiz will do.

:D

Lihatsu suomella, local treat here in savonlinna.
a thin meatpie, folded and filled with fried sausage, several sauces and condiments.

003.JPG

Popeye's popcorn or butterfly shrimp with Hooter's Hot wing sauce as a dip.

Nobody else in family likes it...means plenty for me!

Gets me through the week...looking forward to my Friday treat!

I am soaking in it....that and Machete 762 IPA - BURP.....

Agree with Slym - Steakems are not good..they have an almost "fishy" taste due to the processing.
These are not allowed in my house...we have a local joint - near Tampa - called BabaLoo's - they got the buns - they got the thin sliced beef - and they cook on a 65 year old griddle...awesome!

Mmm.... tako/taco rice. Best street/drunk food in Japan. Cheap azz white rice, taco seasoning on ground beef, cheap yellow cheese, sour cream, shredded lettuce and hit with hot sauce.

Another great option is yakitori (meat, stick, grill) or tako balls (squid meat, filler, made into a ball, coated in a batter, then cooked in what looks like a muffin pan.

You nailed it with the Taco Rice! I was stationed in Okinawa in the late '80's and Taco Rice is THE BEST drunk food ever. :mug:

In Tulsa there was a HOLE of a burger joint, Ron's, that oddly "gentrified" and kind of franchised to the nice parts of town. The two original locations stayed questionable from a health department perspective.

Open-face sausage chili cheeseburger...only two potential outcomes after 1/2# of spicy sausage/ground beef mixture smothered it greasy chili and topped with shredded cheese-like substance.

One location was in the motorcourt of a 1950's downtown Motel. Across the street was a basement bar done all in red (felt like descending into Hell) and next store was the courthouse/cop shop. At 2:00 AM the bar locked its doors. At 2:30 Ron's took their last order for the night. By 3:30 the off duty Vice/Narco/Etc cops starting going in the bar through the back alley door along with the nurses and orderlies from hospital a block over...owner was a retired judge.

oh and just to avoid discussion, "french fries" such as the ones sold by mcd's etc, have barely anything to do with real frites/patat as served in the netherlands and belgium, they are too small, too thin and fried so badly that they're dried out internally, instead of being nice and crispy on the outside and still soft and mushy inside.

just to avoid discussion

oh, hell no

don't run into the room, dump a big old turd on the floor and tell us we can't ***** about the stank

so, don't judge every fried potato in the US by the ones at McDonald's, there's a million different fries over here and I guaran-GD-tee you some of those are better than you've ever had

just like you don't judge every beer in the US by BudMillerCoors. We've got a couple others

WHY do people insist on covering good food with chopped raw onions???

(I know, I know - because they like it, duh!)

:(

WHY do people insist on covering good food with chopped raw onions???

(I know, I know - because they like it, duh!)

:(

Raw onions on a good salad is ok, but I can't think of ANYTHING raw onions are better on that having some caramelized onions do better. Cooked onions are always superior.

Anything from am Asian country is good drunk food. Big bowl of pho with all the fixins, some masaman curry with a bunch of peanuts, ma Po tofu, sushi. Nothing beats a giant pile of sushi with some sake, after all the sushi you can eat again in an hour.

Love me some Waffle n Steak (Yes I said it... Not Waffle House, as we still have one, and I spent many nights there)... Hashbrowns smothered covered chunked...

For at home though, I love to make some greens with pork simmered down ( to get the brine) then some smoked pork which I usually have on hand. If now, I will do some mac n cheese with a simple roux, 3 kinds of cheese, backed half way (bc I still want that gooiness) topped with panko.

oh, hell no

don't run into the room, dump a big old turd on the floor and tell us we can't ***** about the stank

so, don't judge every fried potato in the US by the ones at McDonald's, there's a million different fries over here and I guaran-GD-tee you some of those are better than you've ever had

just like you don't judge every beer in the US by BudMillerCoors. We've got a couple others

I know :) , but what you are famous for is mcD/ burger king junk, Sadly my few visits to the US were work related, so not much time to find junkfood stands or craft breweries :mad:

Taco Bell seems to be the theme when I'm to drunk to remember and see all the wrappers in the trash can the next day. I hate Taco Bell so I have no idea why I do that. I get a worse food hangover the drunk hangover.

wasn't drunk, but in a hurry after running errands yesterday and hadn't had lunch, so stopped at Taco Bell

when the HELL did they start adding some kind of foul sauce to their steak soft tacos? or is their steak marinated in that ****?

I am currently am stationed in Germany so its hard to find drunk food late, we would dart out of the pub at 1230 for gyros and fries, then head back on the Kaserne for another club that was open until 4am but no food. We would take the crappy freezer pizza and heat them on a hot plate in a frying pan. In the states I like taco bell, Carls Jr. While stationed in Hawaii the bar stayed open until 4am then we would eat breakfast before driving back to the northshore. The best was the crap we would eat off the streets of Korea, crazy ass fried ****, shrimp, fries and other critters.

That's what I missed when stationed in Germany. Doner kebabs!!!!!!

Huh? germany has great doner kebabs and brilliant gyros/greek food places, since they have both many greek and turkish immigrants.

Yep, I was shocked to find that at one point Dortmund was the third largest Turkish city in the world. Then I lived in a Turkish quarter in Koln and completely understood.

:off:Much like the US with first, second, and third generation Mexican Immigrants, you find a startling difference in work ethic, cultural acceptance and "assimilation" followed by rebellion in the substantial but technically minority population. Germany, with the Turkish, went through it about 10-15 years earlier.

I have never met a more hardworking individual (outside of a farmer) than a first gen Mexican or Turk in their respective foreign lands. The strive for a better life for their children was so real, raw and all encompassing. Yet as we go through the generations we see more entitlement (like their host country natives) until they hit a wall which turns to resentment and rebellion.

In the 1989-1990 when I live in Arnsberg, they had just started on that last phase but it was an aberration. By the time I returned in 1996 living in Cologne it had become "annoying". On my last trip in 2006, I was started to see the real internal strife the Ruhrgebeit was going through. It made me sad for both German and Turk.

Yep, I was shocked to find that at one point Dortmund was the third largest Turkish city in the world. Then I lived in a Turkish quarter in Koln and completely understood.

:off:Much like the US with first, second, and third generation Mexican Immigrants, you find a startling difference in work ethic, cultural acceptance and "assimilation" followed by rebellion in the substantial but technically minority population. Germany, with the Turkish, went through it about 10-15 years earlier.

I have never met a more hardworking individual (outside of a farmer) than a first gen Mexican or Turk in their respective foreign lands. The strive for a better life for their children was so real, raw and all encompassing. Yet as we go through the generations we see more entitlement (like their host country natives) until they hit a wall which turns to resentment and rebellion.

In the 1989-1990 when I live in Arnsberg, they had just started on that last phase but it was an aberration. By the time I returned in 1996 living in Cologne it had become "annoying". On my last trip in 2006, I was started to see the real internal strife the Ruhrgebeit was going through. It made me sad for both German and Turk.

I witnessed much the same sentiment with the East Germans when the wall came down and I was way over in Mannheim. Fav drunk food? Bratwurst at the Imbisss. https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imbiss

Real honest to God Syracuse NY coneys. Period. I live outside Detroit and this crap they try to pass off around here ain't real coneys, sorry.

View attachment 331596

http://store.hofmannhotdogs.com/hot-dogs/only-coney-s-sm-gift-pack.html

It not like Canton has a decent slider joint for late night drunk food. But Leo's (next to Bailey's) is the closest restaurant to my house. Plus, Detroit style coneys are all about the chili not the dog itself. Load it up with Chili, onions, mustard and Jalapenos! :rockin:

I would forget Taco Bell if I could have Adalbertos carne asada burritos

Adalbertos #24, bacon breakfast burrito. With sour cream and jalepenos. Has been a staple of my late night munchies since high school. Any establishment that serves breakfast late at night is just run by good people. People who get it.

Back