Ohio Best Columbus Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn0522

Reaction score
I will be in Columbus, OH this weekend with the family and looking for info on what breweries to hit up. Need to be family friendly with good food. Will be staying near OSU, going to the zoo, and meetings near airport, but also willing to travel. Also open to beer stores and what beer to buy to bring back home. Love to find some local sours, PA, and IPA (and any great beer)

Jackie O's is probably too far (Athens). But if you can grab some of their beer, it's all pretty good. Mystic Mama IPA and Hop Ryot are both good-IMO.

Jackie O's is probably too far (Athens). But if you can grab some of their beer, it's all pretty good. Mystic Mama IPA and Hop Ryot are both good-IMO.

That is to far unfortunetly, but can i get thier beers at the store or try them at a bar?

Columbus Brewing Company - GET SOME BODHI, one of the best IPAs in OH. If they have any Creeper, get that as well its their IIPA.

Jackie'Os is always solid, you should be able to find it in stores.

Zaftig Brewing Co - in Columbus, Ive had a couple different IPAs from them, Juicy Lucy and Hazy Miss Dazy, both pretty good.

Rhinegeist - In Cincy so a little out of the way but you should be able to find their stuff in bottle shops, very good IPA's from them as well.

edit: their is a BJ's Brewhouse (chain restaurant) right by Zaftig, they should have a bunch of Ohio beers on tap and they have pretty decent food.

I would say seventh son, wolf's ridge, barley's, elevator, land grant, North high, actual brewing, and kindred ales to start. Actual and Kindred are close to the airport, the others are downtown and short north area. I believe there's a newer brewery near the zoo, but I haven't been out there yet. My personal favorite is seventh son, the scientist ipa is probably my favorite ipa in the city. Also, the local homebrew club (SODZ) is having our yearly picnic this weekend. If you're interested pm me. I'm sure they won't mind if you crash

Not from Ohio, but if I were going to Columbus, I'd be sure to stop by Brew Dog.

Seventh Son would be my vote as they consistently have great beers and it's only about 10 minutes from the OSU area.

They're all pretty family friendly. Barley's, wolf's ridge, and Elevator are pretty nice restaurants. The others have food trucks. Brewdog is a little southeast of central Columbus. When I went out there, they had opened recently. It was packed and they didn't have the brewery running yet so everything was being imported from the UK. I hope to get out there some time soon to reevaluate.

I would say seventh son, wolf's ridge, barley's, elevator, land grant, North high, actual brewing, and kindred ales to start. Actual and Kindred are close to the airport, the others are downtown and short north area. I believe there's a newer brewery near the zoo, but I haven't been out there yet. My personal favorite is seventh son, the scientist ipa is probably my favorite ipa in the city. Also, the local homebrew club (SODZ) is having our yearly picnic this weekend. If you're interested pm me. I'm sure they won't mind if you crash

This ^^^^ Seventh Son and Wolfs Ridge are a must. Actual is small but worth visiting! Check out the new Brewdog while you're in Columbus too and get some fresh, Ohio brewed Punk IPA.

I (third?) Seventh Son, great beer great dudes. If you ever do make it down to Athens, please treat yourself and check out Little Fish Brewing! Absolutely fantastic people and wonderful farmhouse style beers with a lovely outdoor seating area.

Back