best brew site

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are several. Austinhomebrew.com isn't bad per se, they're a little more expensive than my LHBS and they charge shipping too.

The biggies are probably Northern Brewer (my fave), Austin Homebrew, and Morebeer. I've ordered from Williams Brewing, too, but they can be pricey. Shop around, but any of those should serve you well.

I really like Midwest Supplies seem to have best prices, but depending on where you are Austin offers 5.99 shipping anywhere on anything

I've been very happy with Austin, it seems their kits are always spot on with OG and taste. Whatever you do DONT order from Hearts' Homebrew out of Orlando.

It may depend on where in the US you are located. I usually order from Homebrew Adventures (www.homebrew.com or www.homebrewadventures.com) as they have a pretty good selection and are only 1 state away...meaning I order it and I get it a day after they ship it. They've also recently merged with another place in North Carolina called Alternative Beverage, and this seems to have boosted their selection somewhat.

Standard disclaimer....no affiliation...yada yada yada.

I like ebrew.com. Not a great selection, but you can order malts by the oz which is much better than a pound of something you only need .25 oz of a specialty.

Ive been happy with the beer kits from www.thegrape.net

I just ordered from like 4 different homebrew shops for beer kits and keggerator stuff. So far all have shipped promptly. I'll see what it all looks like tomorrow.

If you're in the northeast, check out brewbyu.com. They're out of NH and I've made 3 orders so far and have been quite pleased. I only paid $15 in shipping for 50lbs worth of goods. Pretty good selection of grains/hops/extracts and good pricing. A little slow to ship, 2-3 days, but who's in a hurry.

the_bird said:
The biggies are probably Northern Brewer (my fave), Austin Homebrew, and Morebeer. I've ordered from Williams Brewing, too, but they can be pricey. Shop around, but any of those should serve you well.

I concur. I live in Austin, so I head on up there to get my stuff, but with pricing having shipping built in, it sometimes pays to buy from Morebeer.com at a better price, free shipping and save on sales tax.

In any event, you can't go wrong with these guys that the Bird recommended.

thanks for all the suggestions I just placed an order from northern brewer. they seemed to have the best price on the ingredients I was looking for

I like Austin Homebrew since IMHO they have the best website that is simple to navigate through to find what you want. They also have the best selection that I could find of already prepared recipes for extract/mini-mash/all grain.

Back