Best Bottle Opener Ever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is pretty sweet. I'm still waiting for the SWMBO to get me the Coca Cola one with the cap catcher I asked for from Santa...

I also liked this one when I saw it:
FANBRN.jpg

but upon further thought I decided that something on the bottom of my foot shouldn't be anywhere near the top of my beer.

ma2brew said:

I got a pair for myself and all my groomsmen... reef fanning leather ones... I have black and tan ones. I wear then to work like 3-4 days a week!! HAH! :mug: :mug:

at home...stainless..

OPENER-02-BLACK.jpg

ma2brew said:
That is pretty sweet. I'm still waiting for the SWMBO to get me the Coca Cola one with the cap catcher I asked for from Santa...

I also liked this one when I saw it:
FANBRN.jpg

but upon further thought I decided that something on the bottom of my foot shouldn't be anywhere near the top of my beer.

Hey, it's better than it seems. Just wear 'em indoors as party shoes or something. The next time anyone asks for a bottle opener, you can huck your shoe across the room.

This is the best bottle opener ever. I'm still training SWMBO to do this.. :D

[youtube]BKIJnhRKsCc[/youtube]

I've never bent or broken an opener before. If I ever have to pry off a cap that's been welded to the bottle, then I'll give you a call.

I prefer the wall-mounted classic cast-iron ones. I have one by "Climax Beverages".

Might want to check the "lifetime guarantee" on that thing. My folks got me a craftsman bottle opener for christmas. It's different from that one (Mine has a screwdriver handle with a standard pry off opener sticking out of it). Right on the handle of mine it says something like, "this is a kitchen utensil, not a hand tool" and "Not guaranteed forever." It is pretty sweet though. I thought it was pretty funny that they'd put that right there on the handle.
In fact, here's the link to the one I've got http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00941626000P?keyword=bottle+opener

My buddy got me one of these... made of Titanium. It'll never wear out like those cheesy aluminum ones...

yhst-23508102495971_1980_7460520

JeepGuy said:
Might want to check the "lifetime guarantee" on that thing. My folks got me a craftsman bottle opener for christmas. It's different from that one (Mine has a screwdriver handle with a standard pry off opener sticking out of it). Right on the handle of mine it says something like, "this is a kitchen utensil, not a hand tool" and "Not guaranteed forever." It is pretty sweet though. I thought it was pretty funny that they'd put that right there on the handle.
In fact, here's the link to the one I've got http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00941626000P?keyword=bottle+opener

I checked...the wrench one says lifetime guarantee under specifications...

hmm...might have to get me one....

-JMW

That's cool. I just didn't know if it would or not. I don't see mine beaking in normal use, but it was suprising to me that they'd make it look so much like one of their lifetime guaranteed tools and have it not be protected under the same guarantee.

deathweed said:
You dont need one of those, any ring works.... In fact it was the first thing I learned to do with my wedding band.....:D

Yeah, but mine's pretty soft, and I'd hate to chew it up any more than it already is.

Here's my favorite opener:

bottle-opener-cap-23.jpg

I have a black one. As long as I wearing a cap anyway, I always have a bottle opener with me.:rockin:

I've got one of the Craftsman bottle openers and I love it. That thing is never going to break and it looks cool.

I think I'll have to get the Beer Hammer though, that's pretty awesome as well.

I don't think I've EVER broken a bottle opener. I do tend to misplace them, so expensive ones aren't a good option for me. A wall mount may be in my future.

mrkristofo said:
Hey, it's better than it seems. Just wear 'em indoors as party shoes or something. The next time anyone asks for a bottle opener, you can huck your shoe across the room.

I've got the same pair, plus another one, works perfectly. The opener never comes in contact with the bottle, only the cap. I use it all the time.

I got one of the craftsman openers, it's awesome
I usually just use the closed edge of the blade on my Kershaw and pry kind of like with a lighter, works awesome

Another option.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gbK3-EfJd-w&rel=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gbK3-EfJd-w&rel=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Crazy Buzzard said:
Another option.

.... I should be surprised he's got on sandals when using a chainsaw... on a glass bottle... a foot away. Thankfully my trauma rotations have prepared me well for stupid stuff like that

Back