Best Avatar Ever...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hogshead

Reaction score
SQbubble.gif

or the small version

150.gif

Yes, I think this photo sums up the brewers bliss. at least something is going right!

Wow, that's awesome! Just makes me want to sniff my screen for some reason.

Now do one of yeast armies swirling around in a carboy ;-)

speaking of the yeast armies swimming around - did you see that video ? I think it was Orfy that might have posted it

Do the yeasties really swim, or do they just sort of churn in the water because of all the bubbly CO2 being generated ?

Speaking of bubbly air locks, you guys should see my dining room - 5 fermenters in there right now, and 4 of them are going full blast - "blurp blurp - glurg - blurp - gurggle" the sound is awesome !!

Speaking of bubbly air locks, you guys should see my dining room - 5 fermenters in there right now, and 4 of them are going full blast - "blurp blurp - glurg - blurp - gurggle" the sound is awesome !!

That sounds more relaxing than my old aquarium!

mrk305 said:

I totally agree on the sound...

I even started a thread about 'modding' the sounds of fermentation:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=49464

:cross:

That's pretty cool! Now you just need to join up so you can use it.

cowgo said:
That's pretty cool! Now you just need to join up so you can use it.

-Amen to that! Saving my pennies! (Restaurant management isn't the most lucrative career choice... but it keeps me surrounded by people interested in homebrewing!) Any ridiculously wealthy members out there want to buy the membership for me?

I actually thought I'd just add it to my Signature, but then I thought that would just be bad form... :cross:

Hogshead said:
-Amen to that! Saving my pennies! (Restaurant management isn't the most lucrative career choice... but it keeps me surrounded by people interested in homebrewing!) Any ridiculously wealthy members out there want to buy the membership for me?

I actually thought I'd just add it to my Signature, but then I thought that would just be bad form... :cross:

Can't put pics in sigs anyway. So, booyah!

I like Sir Humpsalot's "molecule" as a good avatar. Well, the larger picture is better, though :)

PseudoChef said:
Can't put pics in sigs anyway. So, booyah!

Awha! You're right! You can't... (not that I would have, just that now I had to try it and you're right you can't...!!!)

So I guess since I can't aford a membership right now, the next thing I need to do is brown nose the moderators into letting me have an avatar anyway...

You think this will work??? :rockin:

HomebrewTalk.gif

HomebrewTalk.gif

I dunno. I really like this one:

dancingbea_043.gif

...but can't get the file size small enough to use it on here.

orfy said:
The best sound is a small diameter blow of tube at full ferment, it's like a mini machine gun. Maybe 10 bubbles a second.

Yeah, that does rock. I got two going right now in my spare office. My dog won't even go in there! Wussy....

Yuri_Rage said:

Wow, $20 to get poked fun of! What great idea... I feel like this guy: Moshiach (only he really does deserve to be poked fun of... I guess. :rolleyes: ) With comments like these I can see why everyone wants to pony up the 219 pesos...

No genius, I didn't think you wouldn't understand, I was using it as way of exclaiming my point...

And just for the record, I didn't spend $20 on my wedding. But that beer fridge, don't you kid around about that beer fridge, that's not even funny. SWMBO is just fine with us spending more money on kegging equipment. But she's still jealous of the time I spend on this forum, so before I read up on how to get "better head" she's still expecting me to actually learn something valuable I can use. So if in a month or two EdWorts Apfelwein turns out well, and SWMBO agrees it was worth it then maybe, just maybe, I'll cough up the Jackson.

But I agree with capcrnch, that was pretty funny. And as for YooperBrew, being one of the few ladies on this forum I suppose sucking up to her is pretty pointless, she's probably used to it by now. Did you at least enjoy the effort???

Hogshead said:
But I agree with capcrnch, that was pretty funny. And as for YooperBrew, being one of the few ladies on this forum I suppose sucking up to her is pretty pointless, she's probably used to it by now. Did you at least enjoy the effort???

You know, I deleted my last response to you because I'm a pretty nice person. I would never just say what I'm thinking because it might not be a polite thing to say.

But you are a real dickhead.

As just kind of a general rule, anyone who gets The Good Yooper pissed off enough to call them a "dickhead," isn't really welcome here.

Buh-bye.

You are not going to be allowed to insult anyone on this board. We are not threatening you. You need to know that you are very close to getting banned!

the_bird said:
Uh, it's not "close" anymore, Rich... ;)
Wow, one video showing some potential to be an asset to the forum and 25 posts later, a ban. It's unfortunate that you couldn't get along with some of the most even-keeled of folks around here. Clearly, you had some knowledge to share. Clearly, you couldn't present it in a fashion that didn't sound pompous, arrogant, and *********. If that's the way you're going to act, good riddance.

mrk305 said:

Wow, whats a local gotta do to get a dinner invite?:D

Hogshead said:
Wow, $20 to get poked fun of! What great idea...

For as much as you read this site (which in your own words, must be alot since your wife is getting jealous), that's what you took away from donating to the site?

Hogshead said:
And as for YooperBrew, being one of the few ladies on this forum I suppose sucking up to her is pretty pointless, she's probably used to it by now.

Wow, that was pretty uncalled for.
That "lady" is incredibly cool with a very good amount of knowledge and doesn't hesitate to share that knowledge and help others. Taking a stab like that is not cool.

Way to win friends and influence people.

Wow...I really hope this guy's not like this in real life. He started out looking like he was gonna be an asset. But what a lot of people don't get is that a forum's like a party.

You go to somebody's house. You enjoy their hospitality, you meet a lot of cool people, you have some great conversations. If you don't yet actually know any of the people at the party, wait till you know them better before you start making personal jokes, and if you act like an ass you will be first called out, then thrown out (if necessary).

Silviakitty said:
You go to somebody's house. You enjoy their hospitality, you meet a lot of cool people, you have some great conversations. If you don't yet actually know any of the people at the party, wait till you know them better before you start making personal jokes, and if you act like an ass you will be first called out, then thrown out (if necessary).

lol, that's a great analogy.

DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!!!!!! why do I always miss the good **** till it's all over????? That's what I get for going to bed early last night...........:p

Dam I missed all the action too, I would have liked to have had the chance to get a jab or two at that asshat for the crap he was spewing. His name should have been BigHead. He's probably over at the green board by now.

Yoop I linked asshat you you would understand too :cross: (what a dick he was)

Back