Best All Digital Brew Sculpture?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karpems

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Now that I am getting serious about brewing I am looking into purchasing an an digital brew sculpture. I have seem models from MoreBeer and Sabco. Anyone have any experience with any of these models? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

I look at this as an investment for the next 20+ years, so I am pretty flexible.

Hey Everyone,

Now that I am getting serious about brewing I am looking into purchasing an an digital brew sculpture. I have seem models from MoreBeer and Sabco. Anyone have any experience with any of these models? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

I look at this as an investment for the next 20+ years, so I am pretty flexible.

It is really going to come down to what system you will most likely enjoiy using. When I was in the market comparing the price difference for the nuts and bolts of similarly fitted systems was minimal. Shipping costs varied more drastically but there are also promotions offered at different times of the year.

Also, between B3 and Sabco you really need to consider volume. If there is ever a chance you will want to increase the volume of your brewdays only one system is compatible with larger kettles.

And, finally, you really need to think about the cost of replacements in 10 to 15 years. Sabco utilizes a custom programmed controller with a retail value equal to 1/6th of the systems total cost. B3 uses simple Ranco devices available at just about any HVAC supply house.

Finally, before you buy you should really try to locate anyone with the systems and solicite a sit-in. I was able to do this when comparing a tippy dump B3 to a Sabco and doing so sealed my decision.

That said, I am thrilled with my Sabco. Not so thrilled with the thousands of dollars worth of upgrades made to the currently available systems months after mine shipped.

Not to thread jack - but I'm in a similar position. I'm leaning towards B3's 1100 with the digital smart option (not the FULL digital smart option). I don't need automated burners.

Is there any viable competition to the 1100 in $3000 range?

I'm not interested in building it myself.

Hey Everyone,

Thanks!

Neither the Sabco nor the Morebeer are fully automated. You will still need to do a lot of operations manually during the brewing process.

I think it really just comes down to personal preference in the end. I love my full digital b3 1550, SankePankey loves his BrewMation, GilaMinumBeer is thrilled with the Sabco.

There is no right/wrong answer, it just comes down to the person buying it.

Thanks. I have to find some people around me to see them in action. Anyone have any pictures of their setup?

Back