Belgian Witbier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattne421

Reaction score
looking at the belgian witbier kit from midwest supplies. has anyone done this kit and how did it turn out? thanks for any responses.

I brewed it not too long ago... It tasted great when i bottled it. But it probably won't be ready to refrigerate for another week or two.

Can't speak for Midwest's kit, but I recently did AHS's Belgian White. Turned out really good. Flavor profile on mine was right between Hoegaarden and Blue Moon. A little more spiced than Hoegaarden but less orange flavor than Blue Moon but mouthfeel closer to Hoegaarden. Be prepared to crush Coriander...

Can't speak for Midwest's kit, but I recently did AHS's Belgian White. Turned out really good. Flavor profile on mine was right between Hoegaarden and Blue Moon. A little more spiced than Hoegaarden but less orange flavor than Blue Moon but mouthfeel closer to Hoegaarden. Be prepared to crush Coriander...

mmm after that description i have to buy it

This was the first kit I brewed. Turned out pretty good although I wish it had more orange flavor to it. Got better with age.

I zested three clementines (tangerines, essentially). They were very juicy rinds, so I wasn't sure I had enough orangey flavor. I squeezed one of them into the boil near the end, just for the heck of it.

I also used my coffee grinder for the coriander. If you do this, add it when you turn the burner off. If you loosely crush the coriander, add it around 5 minutes.

Latest posts

Back