Belgian waffle maker suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawn_kiebawls

Lawncare and Landscaping enthusiast
Reaction score
As crazy as it sounds, Christmas is right around the corner and I can't get caught with my pants down again! My wife and I both love Belgians. I love the beers and she, waffles. After several not so subtle hints I finally thought of something she would like! lol Anyway, after doing some research and reading there doesn't seem to be any middle ground in quality. Meaning, they seem to all be cheap and OK for occasional use or they're built for hotel breakfast bars.

I'm a firm believer in buy once cry once, but making 2-3 waffles a week on a $200 machine is a little much even for my bougie taste.

Does anyone on here have a Belgian waffle make they use, like and would recommend that could possibly bridge the gap between 'cheap wedding gift never expected to get used' or 'designed for a commercial kitchen'? I've read literally hundreds of reviews but anymore it seems like they're all either nonsense or paid reviews so I would rather ask opinions from people who actually know and appreciate quality food/beverage and know quality when they come across it. Cheers!

I also consider getting a new waffle maker every time I think about or make waffles. I would really like to have big, circular waffles with deep pockets for lots of syrup.

But our cheap little square with shallow pockets waffle maker has lasted a long time, and it makes waffles that come out the perfect size/shape for putting leftovers in the toaster the next few mornings.

It's a conundrum. I'd like something new that makes a pretty waffle, but what I have is so practical.

I also consider getting a new waffle maker every time I think about or make waffles. I would really like to have big, circular waffles with deep pockets for lots of syrup.

This is the kind my wife likes. She wants one of the circular ones that you flip over half way though cooking. I don't have any sort of a sweet tooth so I don't care much for waffles. I usually go for a hard boiled egg, banana and a sausage croissant sandwich.

I know she wouldn't save the extra waffle so in reality this will be an incredibly wasteful kitchen appliance. Unless maybe we did fried chicken and waffles for dinner that night?

I have a diabetic friend who likes waffles, but he looks for ways to make them savory instead of sweet. I think he occasionally puts peanut butter on them. He has a few alternatives to syrup and jam.

We freeze our extra waffles. I've never had eggos, but I bet ours are a lot better.

I'd consider buying an extra waffle maker just for the pretty waffles we eat right away, but I've already got enough clutter in the kitchen.

Since we're on the topic, I'll link to my favorite waffle recipes:
Yeast Waffles
Belgian Waffles

As crazy as it sounds, Christmas is right around the corner and I can't get caught with my pants down again! My wife and I both love Belgians. I love the beers and she, waffles. After several not so subtle hints I finally thought of something she would like! lol Anyway, after doing some research and reading there doesn't seem to be any middle ground in quality. Meaning, they seem to all be cheap and OK for occasional use or they're built for hotel breakfast bars.

I'm a firm believer in buy once cry once, but making 2-3 waffles a week on a $200 machine is a little much even for my bougie taste.

Does anyone on here have a Belgian waffle make they use, like and would recommend that could possibly bridge the gap between 'cheap wedding gift never expected to get used' or 'designed for a commercial kitchen'? I've read literally hundreds of reviews but anymore it seems like they're all either nonsense or paid reviews so I would rather ask opinions from people who actually know and appreciate quality food/beverage and know quality when they come across it. Cheers!
I have a Waring Pro WWM200PC waffle maker that I believe I paid less than $100 and it has served me well over the years.
I use it very occasionally, several time per year, but it performs just as well as the comcerial ones at the breakfest buffet's at hotels.

I went on a crazed belgian waffle maker hunt a few years ago. The one recommended by Cooks Illustrated at the time wasn't deep enough. We don't have the space for one of those spinning ones. I even tried a stovetop one and it stunk. I ended up getting this one, the Presto FlipSide, which mimics that spinning action by just flipping it from one side to the other. Its pretty no-frills, with only a countdown timer that will beep when there's one minute left and then again when the timer is done. But every waffle I've made on it has come out great and its nice and deep waffling.

What's funny is that I just checked Cooks Illustrated and that Presto is now their "best buy." And the maker of their prior recommended one (Chef's Choice) is now "not recommended."

Back