Belgian Dubbel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhelegda

Reaction score
Just brew and bottled my first partial grain without a kit. Its a Belgian Dubbel. While it's only been conditioning a week, it was great right out of the fermentor I am going to try my first one tonight! Should be chilled enough by time I'm done eating!

Congrats on the successful brew! Recently made a Dubbel myself; 34 days in the primary then straight to keg the other night. I'll give it until next weekend then try a pint.

Having said that, I urge you to remember the following:

"Three weeks at 70.

Three weeks at 70.

Three weeks at 70."

--Revvy

I'm about to do a Dubbel in a couple of days - glad yours turned out well!

Not to change topics too far, but I have a question regarding the fermentation temp - I remember reading that it's good to let a belgian dubbel stay on the low end of temp range for a couple of days and then let it naturally come up to around 70 and let it finish out at that temp. Is that accurate or is it best to let it naturally come to 70 just after pitching instead of keeping it lower for a little bit? I hope that question makes sense...

I live in Florida, it's difficult to maintain below 70, I keep the house at about 75-76. I have never heard keep it at 70, what is the premiss behind that?

I'm about to do a Dubbel in a couple of days - glad yours turned out well!

Not to change topics too far, but I have a question regarding the fermentation temp - I remember reading that it's good to let a belgian dubbel stay on the low end of temp range for a couple of days and then let it naturally come up to around 70 and let it finish out at that temp. Is that accurate or is it best to let it naturally come to 70 just after pitching instead of keeping it lower for a little bit? I hope that question makes sense...

A very good beermaker I know pitches at the low end of the temp range for his Belgians then goes up a couple of degrees per day until he hits 70.

Latest posts

Back