Beersmith Gravity Entries Confusion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vindee

Reaction score
I'm a little confused on some of the gravity entry fields.
I understand "Measured Pre boil gravity", and "Gravity after primary" but then there is "Measured FG" and "Measured OG".
I assume FG would be gravity going into primary since there is a field for after primary but what would OG be then?
It seems there is a duplicate here somewhere. :confused:

I'm a little confused on some of the gravity entry fields.
I understand "Measured Pre boil gravity", and "Gravity after primary" but then there is "Measured FG" and "Measured OG".
I assume FG would be gravity going into primary since there is a field for after primary but what would OG be then?
It seems there is a duplicate here somewhere. :confused:

I had a similar confusion until I started measuring at the different points.

Measured pre-boil is the gravity of a full-wort boil prior to starting the boil.
Measured OG is the gravity of the wort going into the primary fermenter.
Gravity after primary is for those who do some form of secondary process like racking to a second fermenter and lagering, and is done before that secondary process begins.
Measured FG is the finishing gravity just before kegging or bottling. (Measure before you add priming sugar if naturally carbonating).

Thank you, that clears up the confusion. I've been wondering about that one for a while now.

Latest posts

Back