Beersmith Fermentation Stage Tabs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NGD

Reaction score
Just downloaded Beersmith 3 a week ago and used it to brew a Cream Ale. One thing I'm unsure of is under the Session tab, there's the ability to choose from multiple fermentation stages. While there is a brief description, I noticed the expected FG changes between the Ale single stage and the Ale Two-stage by 7 points.

I usually don't secondary my ales anymore and didn't think it actually had an effect on FG. Is this a wrong assumption?

That's weird.

I just pulled up last weekend's BS3 recipe which I used a three stage "Ale, Primary, Dry Hops, Cold Crash, Carb".
Now, I may have created that ferm profile myself - I honestly can't remember - but it's a "3 stage" profile though no secondary vessel is used.
Then I stepped through using "Ale, Single Stage", "Ale, Two Stage" and "Ale, Three Stage", which I'm sure are all "original" BS profiles, and all four of them show the same expected FG of 1.013.

So I'd say something's tweaked in your setup...

Cheers!

That's weird.

I just pulled up last weekend's BS3 recipe which I used a three stage "Ale, Primary, Dry Hops, Cold Crash, Carb".
Now, I may have created that ferm profile myself - I honestly can't remember - but it's a "3 stage" profile though no secondary vessel is used.
Then I stepped through using "Ale, Single Stage", "Ale, Two Stage" and "Ale, Three Stage", which I'm sure are all "original" BS profiles, and all four of them show the same expected FG of 1.013.

So I'd say something's tweaked in your setup...

Cheers!
I certainly wouldn't rule out user error on my part. I noticed theres the 7 point difference between single and two stage, but 2 stage and 3 stage FG are estimated to be the same.

I’ll double check my settings and see if I corked something.

Last edited:
Back