beersmith 2 mobile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coppinburgh

Reaction score
Recently got beersmith 2 for the iPad. I'm trying to use the carbonation tool. My fridge is 46 degrees and there's 4 gallons in the keg. I'm looking for 3.2 volumes in my Belgian Amber. Beersmith is telling me to set my regulator to 29 psi. I read a few threads on HBT and a few say this is going to turn my beer into a foam fest?!?! Is this correct? How long should I leave it at this setting?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

If you are looking for that amount of co2 at that temp then you better have lines that are least 10' long or yes, you will have a lot of foam:)

I carbonate my hard root beer at 39F at 30 psi and use 25' lines that are 3/16" bevflex. My beers are set at the same temp with 12psi for about 2.5 vol co2 with 10' lines.

Sampled a bit yesterday and sure enough it's already pouring half a glass of foam at 9psi serving pressure. DAMMIT!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back