Beers in or around indianapolis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lunchbox

Reaction score
I'm going to be visiting indianapolis soon and was wondering if there was a "must see" bar or brewery in the area. Thanks.

Tomlinson Tap Room. Has only Indiana microbrew beers, including three floyds

Rathskeller is cool, too...Biergarten, and good German food and beer.

Both of these are downtown.

Sun King and Flat 12 breweries are just east of downtown, and there are a couple up in Broadripple: Three Wise Men and Brugge Brasserie, both of which serve good food, too.

I'd definitely recommend Bier Brewery on 65th just west off of Binford on the NE side of town. They only do growlers/half growlers, but they have some fine brews and as soon as you walk in the door they'll be more than happy to line up samples of their entire line.

Their website is: http://www.bierbrewery.com/

Hastur said:
I'd definitely recommend Bier Brewery on 65th just west off of Binford on the NE side of town. They only do growlers/half growlers, but they have some fine brews and as soon as you walk in the door they'll be more than happy to line up samples of their entire line.

Their website is: http://www.bierbrewery.com/

And there is a hombrew shop next store haha

And check out black swan, they are fairly new not even sure if they are brewing yet. But I live about an hour and a half away so I haven't been in town for a while

I second Sun King and Flat 12.

There is an Upland tasting room on 49th and college near broad ripple. I also like going to Barley Island in Broad ripple. they have pretty good food and they make their own beer. Their beer is OK but their guest taps are outstanding. Rathskellar is always a good time. The Brugge is in broad ripple too and it has good beers and great food. If you are going to be on the southside of town, there is a bar in greenwood called Shallows that has the best beer selection (mostly bottles though) that I have ever seen

Wow thanks guys. I was starting to get nervous that I wouldn't be able to try any new beers. Sounds like indianapolis isn't doing too bad.

Fountain Square Brewing Co., 1301 Barth Ave.
Uplands, about 45th & College
Bier Brewery, 65th & Binford, open 3-7 & Sun (growler fills only)
Sun King Brewery, 135 North College Ave
Flat 12 Bierworks, 414 N Dorman St.
Thr3e Wise Men, 1021 Broad Ripple Avenue
Broadripple Brew Pub, 842 E. 65th St.
Brugge Brasserie, 1011a E. Westfield Blvd
Barley Island, 701 Broad Ripple Avenue
Granite City, 150 W 96th St
Rock Bottom, 2801 Lake Circle Drive (and) 10 West Washington St.

Outside Indy
Black Acre Brewing Co., 5632 E. Washington, Irvington
Three Pints Brewpub, 5020 Cambridge Way, Plainfield
Triton Brewing Co., 5764 Wheeler Rd., Lawrence

Check this out as well...
http://www.brewersofindianaguild.com/breweries

Back