Beers for Christmas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridire

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Probably going to be mostly overlap with the alchy thread, but anyone planning to drink anything special for Christmas today?

I have champagne bottle of Boulevard 2013 Smokestack Series Imperial Stout (thanks to Finsfan). Planning to open that today, plus one or two of my "Gettin' Jiggy with Fezziwig" stouts, I brewed specially for Christmas.

No beer, but I did sneak in a bottle of cheap whisky. Log Cabin, only $17 for a liter

I cracked open an English style barleywine last night that I had brewed Xmas eve 2012. It has aged pretty nicely, lot of round sweet malt to cover the alcohol.

I have a bottle of Stone 2014 Barleywine courtesy of ruger988 I was gonna cellar but considering opening for the occasion. What say you? Cellar or celebrate?

As if I didn't know what the answer would be... Here ya go. Thanks @ruger988. Merry Christmas. Oh, by the way, this is floccing delicious.

IMG_20141225_173401.jpg

Jackie O's Rubus Oro, Sherry Oil of Aphrodite, regular Oil of Aphrodite, and a Black Maple. Yum.

I have champagne bottle of Boulevard 2013 Smokestack Series Imperial Stout.

That's the exact beer I had Christmas Eve. I'm going to be doing a comparison of Alaskan Smoked Porters 2008 and 2013 for New Years.

Latest posts

Back