beerbug

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbyice1

Reaction score
has anyone bought this yet? im pretty sure I really want one. I hate taking hydrometer readings and I think I would love to see the correlations between temperature and gravity and fermenting speed etc..

let me know what you think of this toy

has anyone bought this yet? im pretty sure I really want one. I hate taking hydrometer readings and I think I would love to see the correlations between temperature and gravity and fermenting speed etc..

let me know what you think of this toy

I think it's pretty accurate, but I will eventually end up selling mine and spending the money someplace else. I still want to try a mead or cider, where I'm try to stop the the yeast before they are done fermenting. If I can achieve that, than it would be a much more useful tool.

I do enjoy using it when I'm trying out a new yeast or if I want to ramp up the fermentation temp after a certain point.

I've looked into getting one, but have a hard time spending $200 on something that only gives me readings. Instead I invested that amount in a SS Brewtech Brewmaster Bucket which makes getting hydrometer samples a breeze. If I'm going to spend $200+ dollars on brewing tech, it had better offer me control versus simple monitoring.

Latest posts

Back