Beer line length/diameter in kegging setup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hjandersen

Reaction score
I'm very close to buying the "minimal setup" for kegging my home-brew.
I was considering buying the following: Keg, Co2 tank, regulator and picnic tap
- https://www.brouwland.com/en/our-products/brewing/beer-kegs-and-accessories/soda-kegs-and-accessories/d/pressure-keg-set-complete-with-new-soda-keg#.VR2rtUKZbdk

However after reading up on beer line resistance the recommendations seems to be longer and thinner lines? Would the setup above give very foamy beer and are there other caveats I should be aware of?

It seems weird to offer a default kegging setup with a way to short beer line - am I just overlooking something obvious here?

For the metrically challenged USA folks, 20 cm of 6mm tubing is roughly equivalent to 8 inches of 1/4". And I'm going to guess the .6mm is a typo...

Cheers!

if you're going to try and make really great brews and pour them properly, I'd say you're going to be incredibly unhappy with that unit in 6 months.

What are you going to refrigerate in? I think we can give you much better options after we know how you're going to cool and store your kegs.

if you're going to try and make really great brews and pour them properly, I'd say you're going to be incredibly unhappy with that unit in 6 months.

What are you going to refrigerate in? I think we can give you much better options after we know how you're going to cool and store your kegs.

I'm going to refrigerate in a fridge with enough room for both keg and CO2 (currently used for lager fermentation). Sure I might find the setup too small or bothersome to handle - but the expensive items (regulator, CO2 tank and Keg) should fit right into a larger "real" kegerator setup, right?

Well it has a tank, regulator, keg and short beer line. I see no issues with it assuming you replace the ridiculously short beer line with around 10' and cut it back if an issue with slow pours.

start out with longer line than shorter, and then adjust accordingly. I put all 10 fts in my kegerator and I have decided to move up to 12 fts.

Back