Beer Line and Faucet Cleaning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morrey

Reaction score
I am running a 3 tap Perlick 650SS tower on my BevAir kegerator. My cleaning system forces PBW from a bucket with a sub pump into the open faucet on tap one. Taps 2 and 3 are open with a short hose connecting them. Beer line QD's 1 and 2 are jumped together (Bobby M at Brew Hardware sells these) and QD 3 has a jumper that allows the PBW to free flow back into the bucket.

I ran into a flow problem with a too small fountain pump of 260 psi. That was way too small and it was a mere trickle of cleaner returning. Bobby suggested that I try a 1/6 hp submersible pump from Harbor Freight which I bought. I think it was $49 and I used a 20% coupon so it was around $40. This pump works like a charm and forces the cleaner with authority so lines come out beautifully clean. I use 1/2" silicone tube for the cleaning system and it grips the nozzles well enough I just push the tube in place and it holds.

I find two buckets are helpful so you can lift the pump out of the cleaner and drop it in a bucket with fresh water for rinsing. I actually did a bucket with Star San too followed by two or three fresh water flushes. This rig makes cleaning very simple and effective.

Back