Beer Gas, eg 60/40, 70/30...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony9i9i9i

Reaction score
Hi All,

I asked this on the beginners board but didn't get the answer.
How are you guys sourcing gas?
I'm in Somerset in the UK. I've built a bar set up and am about to start brewing.
I get get everything I need, people will sell me barrels of beer, I can keg my own beer, but I can't source the gas. Does anyone know a local supplier to Bridgwater/Taunton UK?

Tony.

If your bar is open to the public and for profit, you need to check your local laws before using gas from a local welding shop. There are different grades of CO2 and N2, and local laws may require that you use a specific grade (ex. Food grade).

Your best option would be to ask the other of another local brewery/pub where they source their gas.

No local welding shop cheers guys. Bar is just in my garden and most of the feed back I'm getting from any supplier who will talk to me have no interest in suppling the public. Best best appears to be knowing someone with a pub who'll sell you some of theirs. I'll keep looking locally.

Thanks Guys.

Back