Beer dreams

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supermoth

Reaction score
Another thread in the Beginner's forum about a blowoff tube made me remember a dream I had the other night. I had just brewed a saison and ended up with a bit more volume than I expected, especially after adding the liter of yeast starter. To prevent any possible mess, I put in a blowoff tube routed to a 1 liter mason jar. The fermentation got going as I was falling asleep, with the bubbles in the jar making a loud, echoey, and constant "Bloop! Bloop! Bloop!"

Sometime that night I had a dream that the fermentation was exploding all over my kitchen walls, but it was actually pizza dough. I just peeled it off my kitchen walls and said "Well, at least I can make a pizza with this!"

Do any of you have particularly memorable, funny, or bizarre beer dreams? I am now realizing that I have beer dreams several times a week, and the beer is usually a pretty funny character.

I had a dream one time that I was brewing and I meet some gypsy hippies that were interested in what I was doing. I explained the process and they wanted to add grass and other organic material to my.mash ton and I was getting pissed. Then I woke up and told my wife and she just laughed. It was weird Chopps

I have beer nightmares about screwing something up at the brewery where I work... those suck.

I also woke my wife up one night by talking in my sleep about the merits of plate chillers vs. immersion chillers... she said it was pretty hilarious.

I've actually leapt out of bed because I had a dream about my airlock getting clogged and blowing the bucket lid. SWMBO wasn't toooo thrilled about that.

Had a dream last night that I was in a bar with all of the bosses from work. First I did a taste test of some whiskeys, then one of them handed me a beer in a bottle and I started complaining about not having a glass to pour it into. They all got a kick out of that and started making fun of me, but after a few tried it, they agreed with me and everyone stopped the jokes. Guess I converted a few people to craft beer, in my dreams at least.

I solved/designed my now in use hop towers and trellis system. It is slightly different than in the dream but it looks like it will work good.

i always have dreams that everything good disappears in my beer, like just falls out of suspension and leaves me with water. this is probably similar to new tattoos for me, whenever i get one i have a dream that it rubbed off in my sleep

I had a dream last night that I was trying to capture a Brown Recluse so that I could extract its venom to use in a beer. I'm guessing part of it is that I named my brown ale "Brown Recluse". Other than that......uh.....I have no idea.

Back