Dreaming about brewing.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dland

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I had a dream the other night I was brewing beer, in semi realistic setting in yard, not that different from my real set up. But of course some crucial things were different, the cellar the beer gets pumped into was not there, so the tubing was not long enough, and I fell asleep in the truck bed while wort cooler was in use. And while I was sleeping, a friend had done me the favor of pumping wort into a dirty wheal barrow so I could get it to the house's cellar, but I saw wort was contaminated, so I just said, we'll dump it...don't worry about it...

But to be fair, the building w cellar used to not be there, and I did brew for a while set up on the tailgates of two adjacent pickup trucks, and did have a series of infected beers had I to dump a couple years back, so ,, not that far off anyway.

I think it might be due to anxiety, since I have not brewed in 18 days, and I usually brew at least every two weeks...

Any one else dream about their homebrew?

I had a dream the other day where I had a fermenter full of beer that had mold all over it. Was very relieved to have woken up and realized that was a dream 😅

A short pour of my bedtime imperial chocolate stout slays anything threatening to get into my head in bed.
Honestly can't remember the last dream, never mind nightmare...

Cheers! (not sure if that's a good thing or not ;))

I had a dream the other night I was brewing beer, in semi realistic setting in yard, not that different from my real set up. But of course some crucial things were different, the cellar the beer gets pumped into was not there, so the tubing was not long enough, and I fell asleep in the truck bed while wort cooler was in use. And while I was sleeping, a friend had done me the favor of pumping wort into a dirty wheal barrow so I could get it to the house's cellar, but I saw wort was contaminated, so I just said, we'll dump it...don't worry about it...

But to be fair, the building w cellar used to not be there, and I did brew for a while set up on the tailgates of two adjacent pickup trucks, and did have a series of infected beers had I to dump a couple years back, so ,, not that far off anyway.

I think it might be due to anxiety, since I have not brewed in 18 days, and I usually brew at least every two weeks...

This time of year I have a similar dream almost every night. I'm strictly an outdoor brewer, since "Momma don't allow...."

With temps in the teens to daytime highs in the 30s, with snow and ice covering my brew area, well you can imagine my state of angst. Fortunately "dry January" and 4 full kegs that have been lagering since before Halloween have kept the supply chain stocked. Nevertheless, I'm more than a little "antsy" to get the production line going again. I'm spending way too much time here talking about brewing instead of actually doing. That's more like a nightmare than a dream.

Brooo Brother

for some reason, when i'm waking up and just getting up i have visions of private messages on homebrewtalk....

and i did last have a very real dream, and the drug lords told me when i was brewing it was a violation of our finacial agreement.....

Another brew dream, well more accurately a beer drinking dream, not that uncommon in itself, , but I blame this one on this site. It had to do w DME, which I have not used in about 3 decades, and was reading a question about rye malt extract here yesterday:

Was rowing an old boat along the shores of the nearby lagoon, it was cold & dark, which was accurate at the time. I had placed a growler on one of the dock timbers I was rowing under for some reason, had a hard time finding it. When I did, I noticed there was something floating in it. Turned out to be little "dough balls" of DME. When I broke them up with my knife, the beer became undrinkably sweet, kind of accurate again.

The rest of the dream involved some dimension jumping thieves that only I could see, flying around at dawn, and me apparently dating a woman who had a young child, but not to bore w topics unrelated to this forum.

The only beer-related dream I've had that I remember, I was in my jammies, about 9 years old, and trying to build a humongous pyramid of empty beer cans that kept falling over; but for some reason I had to keep trying. I woke up from this one crying and frustrated because I couldn't do it. Weird.

Either I don’t dream or my brain hits “delete browser history“ before I wake up. I have no recollection of dreams.

i even have day dreams, i was just imaging planting a few acres, how ever many it would take to grow/malt/brew all my own beer! ;) :mug: i doubt i'd win an award, but i sure would give my self one hell of a pat on the back!

i don't dream much about brewing though....maybe tonight i'll see what i can conjure up, play this before bed, with a request. so i have something to post....

No offense bracco, but I've been sick of that song for ever, even though have not heard in years, was "kind of" over played on radio when it came out.

No offense bracco, but I've been sick of that song for ever, even though have not heard in years, was "kind of" over played on radio when it came out.

i'm just jealous i don't have dreams about brewing! ;) at least a nightmare about falling into my deculmer while it's still running because the door switch is bypassed would be cool....it'd be like a sonic shower in star trek! but i'd smell like malt or something, all the girls would be swooning over me, telling me how i smell so robust and healthy...

asking if i 'blow dry' my hair! lol :mug:

Freeking out the dimension jumping thieves('cause I could see them), flying around at dawn over lagoon (in color) and the gal, were more interesting than the DME dough balls. But the dream seems to have started with the beer, like many good things.

So I brewed yesterday and all went well as normal. But this morning when I checked the fermentor, the wort was leaking down into an old serving tray that was below the table. It was just full enough that I knew I could not pour it back without spilling. I opened up fermentor anyway to attempt, and the lid gasket somehow came off and fell on dirt floor of cellar. To make matters worse, somebody on some kind of school field trip stepped on it.

Actually, my cellar floor is painted concrete, I realized this and knew my real beer was most certainly OK, and it was a dream. Had a laugh even before I woke up.

Back