Beer cases

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RighteousBrew

Reaction score
Hi all,

My bottle collection has outgrown my case buying, and I no longer have proper boxes to store them all. Does anyone know where I could buy cardboard beer cases, preferably plain?

Thanks

I usually just go to bevmo. If they don't have them I ask them to set some aside next time they stock.

I'm aware I can snag them for free from a liquor store, but I'm really looking to see if i can buy plain cardboard cases somewhere for aesthetic appeal.

I have a similar problem. I've been acquiring bottles from lots of friends and don't always get boxes with them. I am thinking of building some boxes out of 1/2" or 3/4" wood for the outsides, and using 1/8" or 1/4" wood to build the dividers. I can go more in detail of how I am planning to build if you're interested.

In the meantime I got a bunch of empty six pack boxes from a liquor store.

I know all thing's are relative, but when I left Germany I brought back about 20 cases of 1/2 liter bottles with plastic cases or "racks". The deposit was about $3.50 each case that'll last a long, long time. ;)

Using plastic milk crates will do the same. Plus they can be hosed down and/or washed periodically...you can't do that with cardboard...OK, you can but probably only once. ;)

Those should work for a long time for 12 oz bottles.

If you're going to store carboard on a floor in the basement I would recommend placing them on a pallet or a dolly so they don't absorb any moisture through the ground.

I made 2 large dolly's for my storage room that fit under a shelf. One is 6' X 12" (holds 5 crates/boxes) and the other 3' X 12" (holds 3).

I drilled holes 5" from the ends of the boards and put casters in them that will hold 300 lbs. The lengths are 2 - 2X4s (laid down on the width side) and joined at the ends with a 1 X 1/2". I covered them with a piece of plywood screwed into place. This makes it stronger. They work great.

Latest posts

Back