Beer Bars and Pubs in Honolulu

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuhmon

Reaction score
I'll be going there next week and was hoping you fine folks had any suggestions of places to check out.

Thanks!

kona brewing...

other than that i would check out the places section on BA.

kona brewing...

other than that i would check out the places section on BA.

as far as I know that's the only microbrewer on the island. It was alright. wasn't fantastic or anything but it was good. I will say I had there "coconut" porter and they should just drop the coconut from the name b/c there wasn't a hint of it in the beer.

DUDE... it's hawaii. Have some cocktails man. Hawaii isn't some great beer destination. Go to dukes (it's touristy but who cares it's good), it's in Honolulu on waikiki beach and they have awesome bartenders who will totally hook you up with equally awesome drinks. Start with a lava flow and have fun man.

as far as I know that's the only microbrewer on the island. It was alright. wasn't fantastic or anything but it was good. I will say I had there "coconut" porter and they should just drop the coconut from the name b/c there wasn't a hint of it in the beer.

DUDE... it's hawaii. Have some cocktails man. Hawaii isn't some great beer destination. Go to dukes (it's touristy but who cares it's good), it's in Honolulu on waikiki beach and they have awesome bartenders who will totally hook you up with equally awesome drinks. Start with a lava flow and have fun man.

As far as I know Kona has never had a coconut porter. You are thinking of Maui Brewing. I personally like Kona Brew Pub and their Black Sand Porter, make sure you ask what special beers they have on tap that aren't listed on the menu.

Sam Choys also has a micro brewery in it but I have never been there.

If you are military there is a brew pub on Pearl Harbor but the one time I went there all the beers had the same off-flavor like they didn't use any fermentation temp control.

There is a Gordon Biersh here but I have not been.

Lots of guys at work like to hit up the yardhouse but they don't offer anything you can't get in a store around here.

As far as I know Kona has never had a coconut porter. You are thinking of Maui Brewing. I personally like Kona Brew Pub and their Black Sand Porter, make sure you ask what special beers they have on tap that aren't listed on the menu.

Sam Choys also has a micro brewery in it but I have never been there.

If you are military there is a brew pub on Pearl Harbor but the one time I went there all the beers had the same off-flavor like they didn't use any fermentation temp control.

There is a Gordon Biersh here but I have not been.

Lots of guys at work like to hit up the yardhouse but they don't offer anything you can't get in a store around here.

yeah, it's Maui with the coco porter, Kona has a Coconut brown which is certainly not understated (But wonderful imo)

The beer selections aren't great at the bars in Waikiki. Actually they down right suck. You can get Longboard Lager and BMC at pretty much every bar and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in a few. I stuck with Mai tais and Longboards and had a pretty good time. Kona makes a decent Pale Ale that I had at a couple bars.

Latest posts

Back