Beer and Personality

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoNova

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Below is an interesting empirical study that identifies personality traits related various types of beer types/brands. Some conclusions about craft beer drinkers....

1. We are more likely to spend time thinking about beer rather than work.
2. We have a lower sense of responsibility—we don't stress about missed deadlines and tend to be happy-go-lucky about life.
3. We are more likely to buy organic
4. We are fans of the show "The Office"

That's me!! :mug:

Bud Light drinkers are "grounded" frat-boys who play the lottery!

http://adage.com/article?article_id=140106

That article was both fun and interesting!

I enjoyed the craft brew definition, and it looked accurate to me.....It's just a shame they didn't have a home brewer definition too! :D

That article was both fun and interesting!

I enjoyed the craft brew definition, and it looked accurate to me.....It's just a shame they didn't have a home brewer definition too! :D

If I was to make some sweeping generalizations about a very diverse crowd, I would say:

We enjoy creating, which means we also enjoy building, DIYing, and cooking.

We are humble and selfless.

Our passion about brewing is only outweighed by our desire to teach others about homebrewing.

Just a few generalizations.

Eric

Below is an interesting empirical study that identifies personality traits related various types of beer types/brands. Some conclusions about craft beer drinkers....

1. We are more likely to spend time thinking about beer rather than work.
2. We have a lower sense of responsibility—we don't stress about missed deadlines and tend to be happy-go-lucky about life.
3. We are more likely to buy organic
4. We are fans of the show "The Office"

That's me!! :mug:

Bud Light drinkers are "grounded" frat-boys who play the lottery!

http://adage.com/article?article_id=140106
That's what she said.:D

Can you believe that I was scouring Facebook the other day trying to find a quiz that would tell you what beer or beer style most suits your personality (didn't find many good ones, by the way)?

Very cool article. I will say that I do indeed spend more time thinking about beer than work, and that I am a huge fan of The Office. I'm not that happy-go-lucky, though, and I tend to stress about deadlines. Also, I really don't by organic much at all -- price is my main consideration. I guess I'm eating the BMC of the vegetable worlds.

Our passion about brewing is only outweighed by our desire to teach others about homebrewing.

Not me. If I had to choose between being allowed to brew for the rest of my life but not teach, or being only allowed to teach but not brew for the rest of my life, I would choose brewing. Therefore my passion for brewing outweighs my desire to teach others about brewing. Only by a little though.

Latest posts

Back