Been here awhile, never intro'd

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misflt

Reaction score
Hello all. I have been a lurker for awhile now and I never introduced myself. Proper etiquette dictates I do so as it is common practice on forums.

So, Hello all from NC!

I worked for Stroh's Brewing in Winston Salem, NC for a few decades. Spent time in the Brewing Dept. and Packaging. About half of my time at Stroh's was spent in Distribution. Ride a forklift for Union Scale wages or spend 8-12 hours a day in 34 degree brewing area or in Packaging where during the dead of Winter it was always 95+ with 100% humidity..... ride a Forklift... no-brainer!

I have been home brewing about a year now. All extract brews, all simple ale's, bottled. As blah as you can get. Time and health issue's didn't allow for further delving into this fun hobby/obsession until now. Now I am retired due to an accident where I broke my back. Fortunately I have no paralysis, but, I still deal with ruptured discs, and several other complications.

I have had to learn new ways to deal with fermenter's, wort transfer, etc. Thank God for pumps! In my time healing from my injuries I read a lot the content on this and many other forums. Knowledge is key to success in this hobby and I am looking forward to absorbing the wealth of knowledge you guys share and offering little bits I have picked up along the way to the new guys!

I look forward to getting to know the people here!

Steve

Glad to have you!

Sorry to hear about your accident, but as you stated there are way to work smarter, and not harder in homebrewing.

I'm retired UAW myself, with a bad L2 disc & hips goin' south. So I feel ya there. I have some videos on YouTube about making bottling day easier, gadgets, etc. Have a look for any ideas it may give you. They're on unionrdr's channel. I'm also having trouble getting the recipe for Stroh's Bock from the new owners. I'd love to be able to brew it up! Welcome to the obsession! :tank:

Back