Because I'm Proud of British Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koomber

Reaction score
A Video by SIBA (Society of Independent Brewers)

Because dammit, I'm proud of British Beer and British brewing.
=D>.

I know this is mostly an American forum but IMHO the more likes this gets the better. And after all, you guys can't have all the fun with the first rate craft beers ;)

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't help drawing parallels between this and the US "I am a craft brewer" video. No criticism, just thought I'd throw that out.

The last minute turns into a political action commercial, but I'm good with the cause. Man, England loves it's taxes.

I loved it.

Cheers.

I mostly liked it, but found it to suffer from some of the same deficiencies as the "I am a craft brewer" video. Namely, that it makes claims that, whether true or not, make it come off as a bit silly. "It's good for you", and "it's full of vitamins and minerals", while maybe true, are not why people buy or drink beer. It's not why we brew beer either to be completely honest. There were a couple other things like that that I noticed when I watched it last night but can't remember right now.

I mostly liked it, but found it to suffer from some of the same deficiencies as the "I am a craft brewer" video. Namely, that it makes claims that, whether true or not, make it come off as a bit silly. "It's good for you", and "it's full of vitamins and minerals", while maybe true, are not why people buy or drink beer. It's not why we brew beer either to be completely honest. There were a couple other things like that that I noticed when I watched it last night but can't remember right now.

I took it as...

"...compared to harder alcohols such as whiskey and vodka", the whole time.

For example, "It's good for you...compared to harder alcohols such as whiskey and vodka."

"Its full of vitamins and minerals...compared to harder alcohols such as whiskey and vodka"

I liked the guys standing on the room full of malt. When you are floor malting, I guess the malt becomes the floor.

I liked.

So proud that you ripped off America's Craft beer videos instead of coming up with your own? :p haha Decent enough video to watch though and I hope your scene turns around and the govt stops with the tax increasing! Cheers.

Cheers for the comments guys. I guess there are onl so many ways of doing this sort of thing. I completely forgot about the I'm Craft Brewer Video, but I'm guessing that SIBA saw it.

I think the video hit the nail on the head though, the Bitish are not very good at doing proud, particularly when it comes to being British.

Thanks for the support from all the non-Brits. An appreciation of good beer is something that transcends borders and cultures. I know that even if I've never met someone who brews, or loves his craft beers, that I will be able to find a common ground.

As governments struggle with problems that have been brought on by their own mis-administration they will innevitably look to alcohol as a source of tax revenue. Everyone drinks, and they can pass it off as having health benefits since it will (they claim) cause people to drink less, though I suspect they know that everyone will drink the same amount, they'll just be poorer for it.

Tahnks for the views, support and prosts!

Latest posts

Back