bean recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blizzard

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just received a huge variety of dried beans from Rancho Gordo, in addition to the New Mexican red chile powder, and La Paloma mild 'hot' sauce. Any recommended recipes out there for these tasty heirlooms?

I just received a huge variety of dried beans from Rancho Gordo, in addition to the New Mexican red chile powder, and La Paloma mild 'hot' sauce. Any recommended recipes out there for these tasty heirlooms?

I don't have specific recipes at the moment, but we love stewed beans in the crock pot. Soak them the night before, and start them before work. Cumin works really well with most recipes. I enjoyed the Rancho Gordo beans I have had.

And don't add any kind of salt till the beans are done. Otherwise,they stay a bit tough. Leave the lid on til they're almost done,then tske it off & reduce to a gravy. Then add saute'd peppers,seasonings,etc.

Latest posts

Back