Bayou Classic - Very bad experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope that's a Blichman spoon holding that kettle up. Blichman makes great spoons. If you don't have one you should get one....I love mine

How come you keep mentioning Blich as if you have some disdain for the brand? It works pretty good for me.

I hope that's a Blichman spoon holding that kettle up. Blichman makes great spoons. If you don't have one you should get one....I love mine

No, but I did look at a picture of a Blickman burner before welding the angle iron legs on the SQ14 burner. I even cleaned most of the rust off the legs before painting them.:ban:

This many!

hand-9-nine.jpg

No, it's a Bayou.

So I brewed with a couple guys this weekend and they had a brand new BC 15gal kettle and burner...it was really shiny. I kept telling them their equip was crap but somehow they made what looked to be beer.
I can't really say for sure since it will need a few weeks to ferment but it had signs of being beer....I was sort of tipsy...the liquid was warm...I was slurring my words....the sweet liquid was hot...then it got cold....I was really hungry .... The hot liquid got cold and splashed around a lot....I ate a crap load of cold pizza....they tossed the beer in a bucket and I went to my truck for a nap

Based on my calculations they made beer....quite possibly damn good beer....

Sweet! I just drilled a huge hole in a board with a harbor freight drill! It's round.

Then the task of creating beautiful works with mediocre tools for the respect of an Internet acquaintance rests in my hands alone?

I see your point...I just don't share it. :)

If your argument is based on a deep understanding of the P&L of the 2 companies then I yield. If your saying that I can't expect reasonable performance from a regulator because it cost $30 then I respectfully disagree.

You get what you pay for! Buy cheap you get cheap!!

Welcome back to what started as a rant and resulted in some good of' fashion HBT drunken ramblings .... I met to many good HBT'ers 'n this thread to just let it die so here we go....Page 9?

Well, I bought a Blichman Breweasy 20gal turnkey system today. You sort of have to read the early parts of this thread to appreciate the irony. I'm so freaking excited I can't stand it

It's a good thread. I started reading at the beginning and liked several posts before realizing they were several years old. I like my bayou stuff. Respectable build quality at a really good price, but I'm not into propane. If I wasn't so in love with my giant whisk I'd order a blichmann spoon just because of this thread.

Edit: I can't find a spoon made by blichmann, so nevermind.

Last edited:
Back