Bayou Classic - Very bad experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....ahhhh...Page 5....hey, this place is nice. I love what you've done with the place!

Ok...back to my LHBS response.....they said "bring it on down...we'll hook her up and see what we can figure out." ....and then a bell rang...and an angel got it's wings...it was magical

So, what have I learned? No, it's not that I should have bought a Blinkman...calm down haters. I should put more faith in the retail stores desire and ability to fix these situations.

What have you learned? Many of you probably feel that you've learned I'm an a$$. :). Well, I hope I have not done any irreparable damage to my HBT street cred. It was fun...and we got to page 5 together..as a team!

Great job everyone...bring it in....

We did it!

number-five-birthday-candle-12979894.jpg

I've got a bayou classic high pressure....
it's been reliable, although it's not a Viking stove-top level quality.
you get what you pay for--long time wisdom that hasn't changed with the Internet era.
I'm not surprised that they won't take it back without a receipt...pretty standard policy. that's one reason craigslist was invented, sounds like it's time to sell it and upgrade!
I'm sure somebody on Craigslist knows how to fix it

:mad:
I'm still only on page two.

oh, wait, I remember something about a post count change..... :D

Noooooo....crule, crule, crule world. Please don't take my Page 5 away...it's all I ever wanted. Damn technology and damn my ignorance of HBT settings. Ignorance truly is bliss...I was happier before I knew the truth

You wound me sir....

So, what's this thread all about anyway?

Im going to go out on a limb and say it's about to get flagged and requested to be moved to drunk ramblings. :ban:
I know...I know... it's a silly dream. After all, we already had Bobby stop in and offer some guidance. Numerous happy Blinkman fellas have reminded us how awesome there stuff is. I should just be satisfied with what we've already accomished....but....to be flagged...man, that would just be the bestest thing ever!

@hunter_la5. ... I am forever in your debt. You sir have moved me....speechless

I'll admit, this thread had some pretty humble origins. I myself looked down upon it at first. But one man looked at it, and saw potential. He grabbed the thead by the short hairs, thrust it towards greatness, and dared anyone to try and stop him.

Now this thread is going places.

Places like "Page 7", or dare I say, "Page 8". And who knows what comes after 8? Not I...

No, Moose_MI, it is I who finds myself inexplicably in your debt. Thank you for your service. For it was you who saw great things where others mistakenly saw mundanity.

This thread is awesome. You had me at:

I'm boiling water not de-icing the shuttle.

I bought a bayou classic for like $50 at Lowes (I think) in August and I've brewed about a dozen batches (and a lobstah dinnah) with it. I'd be pissed if it broke.

Just wanted to be a part of this. Carry on...

This thread is awesome. You had me at:

I bought a bayou classic for like $50 at Lowes (I think) in August and I've brewed about a dozen batches (and a lobstah dinnah) with it. I'd be pissed if it broke.

Just wanted to be a part of this. Carry on...

Welcome to our quest....All for the thread, and a thread for all!

Oh no, I was already on two, but that's ok, I was just wondering about hunter's "boop"....... As in Betty, or a drunken 'bump'? Gots to understand, we from porkopolis are easily confused by such esoteric references. [emoji16]

Sweetie Poo says: Please stop, I'm bored. Please stop, I'm bored. Please stop, I'm bored...

I can't unsee what I have just read!!! :(

I also can't believe I wasted the time to read through all 7 pages

I also can't believe I added to all this nonsense and contributed to getting to page 8

What a waste. Go to HD or Lowes and buy a new regulator and get over it!!!!!

Purple and Gold fella here. You can have Les if you still want him!

I have owned Bayou Classis stuff- still have a burner that I use for boiling crabs/crawfish, etc. I've had it for 10 years- rusted as hell but it still works. paid $39 at Wally World. So I would say money well spent.

I have a bayou classic regulator, 30psi, that I use for brewing. I don't think I even paid $30 for it. Most of the times it works but you have to press down on the dial. Not sure what the issue is but I've had it a couple years.

I guess Bayou Classic is like other brands- some items are great and last forever and some crap out after a few uses.

untitled.png

I'm overcome with emotion....my little post has grown up to be a thread and I'm so proud. Next thing you know it will be a sticky and I'll only get to see it occasionally over the holidays.

@kh54s10 ... Lowes or HD? Why would I do that? They don't sell Blichman. Have you seen the blichman stuff? It's really awesome...you should get some.

I no longer harbor any ill will to bayou classic....the love of this thread doesn't leave any room for hating on BC. I do believe that next time I will upgrade to the heavy duty stuff at harbor freight where I can be more confident in the equipments performance.

:fro:

The hilarity ensues... As much of a cheapskate as I am (Explained in the article AG Brewing Cheaper Than Dirt) it's good to know that I can buy stuff from HD/Lowes that works just as good as anything "brewing centric"

I just had a terrible experience with their brew kettle thermometer. I emailed Bayou and they were very short, rude, and unprofessional. They told me even though there was a warranty I had to contact where I purchased it that they wouldn't help me.

I then contacted Amazon (yesterday) and got an email this morning about how important I am as a customer and that they already shipped a replacement with free 2-day shipping and that I didn't have to worry about sending the defective one back no questions asked as it was an inconvenience.

Hopefully this one works right.

I'm more than happy with this set up.

What volume is that kettle? Is it Tri-Clad bottom?

I just had a terrible experience with their brew kettle thermometer. I emailed Bayou and they were very short, rude, and unprofessional. They told me even though there was a warranty I had to contact where I purchased it that they wouldn't help me.

I then contacted Amazon (yesterday) and got an email this morning about how important I am as a customer and that they already shipped a replacement with free 2-day shipping and that I didn't have to worry about sending the defective one back no questions asked as it was an inconvenience.

Hopefully this one works right.

What volume is that kettle? Is it Tri-Clad bottom?

No, it's a Bayou.

Back