Bar / Tap Sign

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kegtoe

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have any examples of DIY signs (Chalkboard or whiteboard) that they made to display what beers they have on tap?

Any one order a custom sign?

I'm looking to Buy/build a custom sign with wood boarders and maybe some permanent printing, and space to list beers on tap.

Anyone have any examples of DIY signs (Chalkboard or whiteboard) that they made to display what beers they have on tap?

Any one order a custom sign?

I'm looking to Buy/build a custom sign with wood boarders and maybe some permanent printing, and space to list beers on tap.
1/2" plywood backed with a 2x4 frame. Sanded smooth with 80, 120, 180 and 220. Stained the whole thing, then taped all the lines and borders. With it with 2 coats of spray primer, then 3 coats of chalkboard paint.
20180508_092321.jpeg

I picked up this chalkboard at Michaels for about $10. I attached it to the top of my kegerator with 3M frame hangers (essentially Velcro) so it’s removable. I also picked up some chalk markers to write on the chalkboard. This is probably temporary, I would really like to go the RaspberryPints route.
IMG_1531596838.393792.jpg
IMG_1531596847.678599.jpg

I picked up this chalkboard at Michaels for about $10. I attached it to the top of my kegerator with 3M frame hangers (essentially Velcro) so it’s removable. I also picked up some chalk markers to write on the chalkboard. This is probably temporary, I would really like to go the RaspberryPints route. View attachment 579267View attachment 579268
I should have checked Michaels. Ughhh, good call. What's RaspberryPints?

I went the raspberry pints method with an iPad.. thinking about building a frame for the iPad to make it a little nicer.
And getting around to installing the other 3 intertap faucets when I'm not lazy...

Attachments

• IMG_20180805_145119440.jpg
    IMG_20180805_145119440.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 216
I went the raspberry pints method with an iPad.. thinking about building a frame for the iPad to make it a little nicer.
And getting around to installing the other 3 intertap faucets when I'm not lazy...
That's cool. Is that some type of beer app for the iPad display or something else?

The ipad is just being used to display the website. The backend is raspberrypints http://www.raspberrypints.com. I set the ipad up to boot to the browser with that as my homepage..
There is also taplist.io but I liked the idea of full control.

Kevin

Picked up chalkboard and Velcro strips at Micheals for under $10

Attachments

• IMG_1835.JPG
    IMG_1835.JPG
    737.5 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Back