Quantcast

Bar / Tap Sign

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

kegtoe

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have any examples of DIY signs (Chalkboard or whiteboard) that they made to display what beers they have on tap?

Any one order a custom sign?

I'm looking to Buy/build a custom sign with wood boarders and maybe some permanent printing, and space to list beers on tap.

Staylow

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have any examples of DIY signs (Chalkboard or whiteboard) that they made to display what beers they have on tap?

Any one order a custom sign?

I'm looking to Buy/build a custom sign with wood boarders and maybe some permanent printing, and space to list beers on tap.
1/2" plywood backed with a 2x4 frame. Sanded smooth with 80, 120, 180 and 220. Stained the whole thing, then taped all the lines and borders. With it with 2 coats of spray primer, then 3 coats of chalkboard paint.
20180508_092321.jpeg

Dustbowl

Reaction score
I picked up this chalkboard at Michaels for about $10. I attached it to the top of my kegerator with 3M frame hangers (essentially Velcro) so it’s removable. I also picked up some chalk markers to write on the chalkboard. This is probably temporary, I would really like to go the RaspberryPints route.
IMG_1531596838.393792.jpg
IMG_1531596847.678599.jpg

OP
kegtoe

kegtoe

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up this chalkboard at Michaels for about $10. I attached it to the top of my kegerator with 3M frame hangers (essentially Velcro) so it’s removable. I also picked up some chalk markers to write on the chalkboard. This is probably temporary, I would really like to go the RaspberryPints route. View attachment 579267View attachment 579268
I should have checked Michaels. Ughhh, good call. What's RaspberryPints?

khannon

Guy who really knows where his towel is.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I went the raspberry pints method with an iPad.. thinking about building a frame for the iPad to make it a little nicer.
And getting around to installing the other 3 intertap faucets when I'm not lazy...

Attachments

sbsmann

Reaction score
I went the raspberry pints method with an iPad.. thinking about building a frame for the iPad to make it a little nicer.
And getting around to installing the other 3 intertap faucets when I'm not lazy...
That's cool. Is that some type of beer app for the iPad display or something else?

khannon

Guy who really knows where his towel is.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The ipad is just being used to display the website. The backend is raspberrypints http://www.raspberrypints.com. I set the ipad up to boot to the browser with that as my homepage..
There is also taplist.io but I liked the idea of full control.

Kevin

TerpRush

Duuuude, That's Terpy!
Reaction score
Picked up chalkboard and Velcro strips at Micheals for under $10

Attachments

Last edited: