Bar kick/step.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverend JC

2500 gallons year to date
Reaction score
Should i add one of those bar kick/steps to the bottom of the bar? IF i did i was thinking it should be about 8" tall as the bar is 48" tall.

Yeah or Nah?

Are the rungs on a bar stool not enough?

I ask this just to clarify, i have not made up my mind on the matter just yet.

Reverend JC said:
Are the rungs on a bar stool not enough?

I ask this just to clarify, i have not made up my mind on the matter just yet.

Different people, of different heights, need different options. I mean, whatever you've got, I'm sure, will be fine for an hour or so... but if you're expecting longer stints than that, then a variety of foot positions are crucial to reducing the risk of deep-vein thrombosis.

Yes. I take my drinking very seriously. :cross:

personly i like the foot rail! but on the 8' bar in my basement we have a foot rail on one side and nothing on the other! we have loged in many, many blury beer drinking hours down their and i have never heard any complaints at all! this goes for women and men alike! i think if their is beer at your bar, your golden! its all on you!

Put one in.
Measurement?

I'll try to bring a tape with me nect time I pass out at a bar.

I think Fiery posted some achitectural drawings of a bar with schematics for the step.

Yeah, taller people kind of like having a rail or step. I don't know if shorter people do since I am not short in any pretense. Also if you plan on and people to stand by the bar definitely, the step/rail will give them less back pain. There was always a rail on old saloons bars and that was because putting a foot up on the rail allows you to stand there for a long period of time with out being uncomfortable.

sause said:
Also if you plan on and people to stand by the bar definitely, the step/rail will give them less back pain. There was always a rail on old saloons bars and that was because putting a foot up on the rail allows you to stand there for a long period of time with out being uncomfortable.

I'm not sure about the pain thing, but I usually stand by the bar since I sit all day at work. The rail is really nice for that.

in england we mainly take our beers away from the bar to sit down

wired how england an america are so different :D

Hey man, go for broke and buy a nice 3" Copper (or brass) pipe and polish it! Then do some Copper accents?

Forget the rail, you need one of these:

pisstrough.jpg

Nothing like a piss trough to make a guy feel at home. Just keep those brews coming. No need for useless bathroom breaks! It also solves the problem of those friends who want a Bud.

I have been in old bars that actually have variations of these things on their bars. The San Francisco Brewery has a nice tiled one built into the floor.

That would made your bar a thing to remember.

Brewpastor said:
Forget the rail, you need one of these:

pisstrough.jpg

Nothing like a piss trough to make a guy feel at home. Just keep those brews coming. No need for useless bathroom breaks! It also solves the problem of those friends who want a Bud.

I have been in old bars that actually have variations of these things on their bars. The San Francisco Brewery has a nice tiled one built into the floor.

That would made your bar a thing to remember.

I can't decide if that's the greatest or worst idea ever :D

Latest posts

Back