Bar Kegerator Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mi6op

Reaction score
I'm going to be building a bar in the basement with a nice top and a permanent tower attached to the bar top. I think the best way to build a kegerator is to get the chest freezer and do the deal that most everyone on this site does. However I want my freezer hidden behind/under the bar. What are some good ideas or posts (i'm sure I'm not the first guy with this plan) that I can look at. The dilemma in my mind is when I want to open the lid to work on or switch out kegs if it is attached to the bar in some fashion.

Thanks

The only thing i can think of is to elevate the chestfreezer so it's close to even with the bar. Build the tower through the freezer lid and if you want to hide the freezer, build a sectional piece to the bar that you can remove to access the freezer. The sectional pc can have the drip tray on it. Think of it like a leaf for a dining room table.

This may take some moderate carpentry skills however.

Latest posts

Back