Banana Smell at 63 with Abbaye?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Yeastwood

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I decided to ferment my new ale at 65 because I wanted more raisins and dates than bananas. I'm using Abbaye at 63 degrees. I set the Inkbird for 65, but it seems to be running a little low.

As of today, the fermenting fridge has developed an aroma, but it's mostly banana. Has anyone else had this result at low temperatures? The yeast is rated for 63-77.

I decided to ferment my new ale at 65 because I wanted more raisins and dates than bananas. I'm using Abbaye at 63 degrees. I set the Inkbird for 65, but it seems to be running a little low.

As of today, the fermenting fridge has developed an aroma, but it's mostly banana. Has anyone else had this result at low temperatures? The yeast is rated for 63-77.

I think it's normal got some banana at beginning, it probably will mellow with time. I brew with it once, got the same result, banana at beginning of fermentation. Ripped banana, raisin, prune, after maturation.

How does it smell now?

Back