Banana and raisin mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pulpfiction32

Reaction score
Im looking for a bannana and raisin mead recipe but have been unlucky in my search could I use a banana and raisin wine recipe and sawp the sugar for honey?

That sounds like it would be seriously delicious. If I were you, I'd just wing a gallon of it. If it goes bad, adjust your recipe and try again. For a gallon of it, I would try something like this:

3lbs of honey
2-1/4 teaspoons of yeast
1-1/2 banannas
30 raisins
1/2 of a peeled tangerine

I'd crush a campden tablet and put it in the must for 24 hours before pitching the yeast. It should kill anything that might cause an infection.

Let me know if you do it, and how it turns out. I might want to try that one.

Post your idea and let others spit-ball it.
I would rather know which bar has that girl in your avatar! I need to go there. :tank:

pulpfiction32 - I have never brewed anything with bannana, I would also recommend doing the 1 gallon test batch, I don't know how hazy it would end up, or how much flavor would be held.

Im going to brew this batch tonight I have a bunch of black bananas in the freezer for a couple of weeks trying to figure out what to make with them You dont think the tangerine will take away from the bannana and raisin flavor or is it just for acidity Kahuna I made a strwberry bannana wine a couple of months ago The must looked like my toliet bowl after a night of mexican food and cheap beer But it smelled so good

Is there any reason I shouldnt use the raisins in the primary ,

every recipe i see that includes raisins says to use them in the secondary

Back