Ball lock quick disconnect

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sictransit701

Reaction score
My ball lock quick disconnect is not connecting or locking on the liquid out post. Is it supposed to snap or lock onto the post? It is not. Frustrating.

Attachments

• 01CC3FDC-B3B6-4A83-A7E7-C0C5376C8016.png
    01CC3FDC-B3B6-4A83-A7E7-C0C5376C8016.png
    198.8 KB · Views: 25
Have you tried some keg lube or silicone grease on the o-ring on the post?

Based on the wording of the op I’m going to assume you are new to kegging, if not I apologize. Are you aware that you need to pull back on the spring loaded rim at the bottom of the quick disconnect. Doing so allows it to slide on and then releasing it allows it to snap in place. If you’ve ever attached an airline to a pneumatic tool it’s the same.

Yes it is supposed to lock onto the post. There are three balls on the inside of the disconnect that fit into the groove of the post an lock it in place.

1. Pull the disconnect collar up
2. Place disconnect on correct collar
3. with moderate pressure pushing down on the disconnect, release the collar
4. continue pushing on the disconnect until there is a click and the collar returns to its original position

I sometimes have trouble on one of my ball locks. Pull back on the collar, push pretty hard while releasing the collar. If not locked, try pulling the whole thing up as if you are taking it off but not pulling up on the collar. This is when mine clicks into place. It's like I've pushed past the locking point and then need to come back a bit to find it. Hope this makes sense and hope it helps.

I’ve done all those things.

1. Pull up collar
2. Push quick disconnect on post
3. Release collar
4. Pull up
But it doesn’t click in place. The whole thing just comes off.

Depressurize the keg and use something pointy to press down on the Out post poppet and make sure it moves easily. A wedged poppet won't allow the QD to fully engage...

Cheers!
Along the same lines, take the QD apart and make sure it's clean and moves freely as well.

I’ve done all those things.

1. Pull up collar
2. Push quick disconnect on post
3. Release collar
4. Pull up
But it doesn’t click in place. The whole thing just comes off.

It's not an AMCYL keg by chance is it? I have trouble with my ball locks seating properly on that keg. I have to push back down on the collar to get it to seat.

Is it a torpedo keg? I had some issues like that with the posts and morebeer sent out some new ones. Its an issues with those kegs.

It's not an AMCYL keg by chance is it? I have trouble with my ball locks seating properly on that keg. I have to push back down on the collar to get it to seat.

I have this too. When I push the QD onto the post, I have to push down on the collar to lock it onto the post.

I have the same problem on my AMCYL. Just on the liquid side. This is the fourth time I've heard of this issue with the AMCYL. I'm having foam issues although Ive done my due diligence in reaserch on tubing length temp/pressure. I also find the liquid post bottoms out (like metal to metal) when trying to tighten. It's impossible to give that last little snug. I don't have that problem on the gas post.

Latest posts

Back