Ball Lock/Pin Lock dual disconnect?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiesty

Reaction score
Anybody know if its possible to have a dual c02 disconnect set-up coming out of a c02 tank? I have some kegs that are pin lock and some that are ball lock and I don't want to switch lines all the time when carbonating.

Not sure I understand the question, if you have a manifold you can set up as many lines as you need with whatever combo of disconnects that you want.

Or just use the flare nut hose barbs on the lines and swap out the pin lock and ball lock connectors as needed. Only takes a few seconds to do, although you will need to shut the gas off from the other end of the gas line.

41i9PHKNC5L._SY355_.jpg

Or just use the flare nut hose barbs on the lines and swap out the pin lock and ball lock connectors as needed. Only takes a few seconds to do, although you will need to shut the gas off from the other end of the gas line.

41i9PHKNC5L._SY355_.jpg

This is the direction I'm going just in case I pick up a couple pin locks, I can switch out the connecter easily. I also plan to keep an extra long line, with threaded connecters, to reduce foam for when I do a Hefeweizen and bump up the pressure.

41i9PHKNC5L._SY355_.jpg

This is also what I do. All my lines have flare nuts and I just attach whatever appropriate connector needed for the particular keg I'm hooking up. I have both types.

You could put a wye barb on there to fork a gas line, or use a manifold. Manifolds are nice in the effect that you can shut off individual lines to keep leaks down (and prevent backflow) though more costly.

Back