balancing system - is it referring to OVERALL line length or per keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrkinYards

Reaction score
Working on calculating my beer line length and trying to understand if the calculations are referring to line length PER keg or total in the system.

I have (4) kegs on the same co2 bottle that I'm trying to balance out.

Well I suppose it depends on how you have the system hooked up, but in general it is per tap.

I have one co2 tank and regulator going into a distribution block that splits to (4) kegs so I can turn on each keg individually if needed.

Right. Gasline length doesn't matter, so whatever length you need to reach the kegs without excess line laying around inside is good for the gas line. For the beerline, I have 10' to each tap from each keg.

Right. Gasline length doesn't matter, so whatever length you need to reach the kegs without excess line laying around inside is good for the gas line. For the beerline, I have 10' to each tap from each keg.

Is 10' the tried and true length? it seems that everyone always uses that number as liquid line length.

The length of the line is dependent on the pressure, temperature, and the type of hose you are using (which changes the friction). It seems like I saw a pretty good calculator somewhere that had all this stuff, but I cannot find it now to link it.

10' has worked for me as a decent length that doesn't get too much foaming at the pressures and temperatures I tend to serve, which vary between high 30's to high 40's F, and PSI ranging from 8-18 or so.

Latest posts

Back