Bad Trade?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pic 2

image.jpg

That's floccin ridiculous. Good to hear you got SOME beer though... Still not good.

If anyone was deserving of a little BIF...

Mexibilly I again apoligize for all the trouble. I completely own up to my mistakes and won't give any excuses. I failed on coming through with a trade. I failed and fully expect you to leave honest feedback. I have had plenty of good trades in the past and hate being a guy that makes people wonder if there going to get there beer. It's bull****.

Mexibilly I again apoligize for all the trouble. I completely own up to my mistakes and won't give any excuses. I failed on coming through with a trade. I failed and fully expect you to leave honest feedback. I have had plenty of good trades in the past and hate being a guy that makes people wonder if there going to get there beer. It's bull****.

This right here would make it right by me. I snuffed my torch and returned my pitchfork to the barn a while ago.

Though, in penance, I would like to offer a trade. Unopened 12 pack of shiner bock for one Yellow Rose.

I am an ahole, and you're allowed to say it.

It's good of you to own up to it, but I think we are all wondering what happened...you came so close to making it right, but no cigar. I understand if there were circumstances that made it difficult for you to complete this trade, but a quick PM a few weeks ago would have gone a long ways. And then you shipped him beer, but left out some of the agreed upon items, and sent the others in a manner where some of them ended up broken. It's just frustrating to see because I think we all know that you wanted to come through for MexiBilly, but just didn't quite deliver.

With all of that in mind, I don't think I could leave worse feedback than a neutral. Just do better next time, for the sake of whoever trades with you in the future.

Like I said I don't want to make excuses. There were a few personal things in my life the wreaked havoc for the last few weeks. But those problems are mine and shouldn't have caused this to happen. As far as not getting all the beer that was required, my wife ripped the box I packed everything in and had to repack everything into the other 3 boxes. It seems all the beer didn't make it back in the new boxes. I am not sure why. She knows nothing about beer or trading and it's my fault for not checking them again. Originally there was a proper amount of bubble wrap and everything was bagged to contain any possible leaks. I understand completely if i get negative feed back. I am still going to make the trade right.

It seems another box probably had broken beer to. It never left the shipping facility according to the tracking info. I can only assume something broke. That could be where the missing beer is. I don't remember what I out in each box.

Is that all the beer you received? I sent three boxes there should have been a growler of mexican IPA and a few others.

I feel you dude. This is my first trading experience and my faith was put to the test, but in the end I did receive beer.
S**t goes wrong. I'm cool.
My rule:
If the world were gonna end tomorrow, would I be concerned with this?
Thank you for doing what was within your capacity at the time.
Next time I'd line the bottom, sides and top with bubble wrap, cause those usps guys are rough...

I wouldn't call this a fail.
Poorly executed perhaps, but not an utter fail.

At the end of the day, it is only your opinion that counts.

An honest unimpassioned and fair review of the facts is not without its merits though.

The facts
You shipped the promised beer in a timely manner, all arived safe and sound
You did not receive the promised beers
You received a poorly packaged shipment
You received broken bottles
You received no contact for weeks

I guess it all depends what's in that special box and where it came from.
?Viva la Revolution? :cross:

Can you make with the screen name of this idiot already and save some of us the misfortune of dealing with him.

He(or she) has in no way done anything to deserve anonymity. If they conduct themselves in a manner like this when trading beer it deserves to be known by the community. If someone decides to trade with them(hopefully most are smart enough not to), at least they will do it with the knowledge of what they are likely in for.

This is a text book example of how not to trade beer.

Can you make with the screen name of this idiot already and save some of us the misfortune of dealing with him.

He(or she) has in no way done anything to deserve anonymity. If they conduct themselves in a manner like this when trading beer it deserves to be known by the community. If someone decides to trade with them(hopefully most are smart enough not to), at least they will do it with the knowledge of what they are likely in for.

Lol. Page back.

scroll up, the guys posted here apologizing

He doesn't need to; the sender already owned up to it (and apologized).

Read the comments more closely...

Packing is both a science and art. Not for everyone. And you don't know which group they belong to until you receive the package.

I'm surprised that one leaking box even made it to you.

:off: This is not about beer.
That picture with the wrapped box on your porch reminds me of what I came home to one day. Although the majority were fine, I've received a few very poorly packaged items from eBay sellers (yeah, OK!). That one ended up with an insurance payment because of extensive damage, and of course the damn seller who packaged it like a moron got the insurance money! Luckily, he then forked over the amount we had agreed upon, but at least 2 weeks later. In the mean time... you wonder if it's going to end well.

@Xpertskir: Maybe calling the guy an idiot was a bit harsh, IMHO. We still do't know exactly what caused the delay, nor is it any of our business. And based on prior reviews, the participant did follow through and has vowed to make it right with this trade. Is that an excuse? Maybe, but it is also an explanation.

I think that this thread should serve a higher purpose of reminding everyone of some of the basic guidelines of trading:

1. Communication is key. If you commit to trade, you commit to communicate. I think a lot of the fluster in this transaction happened because of a communication failure. Even a quick note would have helped a lot.

2. For larger trades, maybe exchange phone numbers. I have stayed in contact with people that I have traded with, and its fun for those spur of the moment times when you send something you came across just because. Plus, it only takes a moment to text something like "hey, I have your beer, here is a pic, but I wont get to FedEx until _____. Is that cool?"

3. Don't agree to ship anything you are not willing to lose. I know that sounds wrong, but a lot of things can happen, such as lost packages, broken bottles, and rip-offs. This is the internet after all, so if you would be really bummed about losing a shipment, then either (a) don't trade, (b) trade small, or (c) work out an intermediary with someone you trust to hold both boxes and then ship to final destination.

4. This may be the second most important, but pack your shipment like it will last through the apocalypse. The first shipment I did I underestimated the ability for the selected parcel carrier to completely annihilate the box and its contents. Luckily, only 1 12oz broke, but I still felt like crap. Now I package everything like it is going to be delivered by that one guy from Youtube who drives by the house at 30mph and chucks the box out of the side, off the mailbox, and into the road. Now I laugh when FedEx asks me if my shipment is packed well, because I know why they are asking. They don't care about fragile stickers.

5. Understand that this is a hobby for most of us. So make sure that you (a) understand that sometimes life gets in the way, and (b) that a lot of happiness is generated by receiving a shipment. We have all been there when we have a death in the family, an unexpected personal emergency, or a work issue. With communication, I would imagine that most people would be reasonable enough to understand that. And if they are not, send them their package anyway, and then sign them up for embarrassing things that they would have to explain to their significant other. But also understand that the best part about trading is receiving something that you would likely never have been able to experience but for the trade. It's like Christmas for adults, and us adults get excited with anticipation.

I hope that like most Disney movies, this saga culminates in a happy ending for everyone.

This entire event has made me want to drive over to IN and give Mexibilly a hug, and beer. A hug by itself would have just been weird.

@Xpertskir: Maybe calling the guy an idiot was a bit harsh, IMHO. We still do't know exactly what caused the delay, nor is it any of our business. And based on prior reviews, the participant did follow through and has vowed to make it right with this trade. Is that an excuse? Maybe, but it is also an explanation.

I think that this thread should serve a higher purpose of reminding everyone of some of the basic guidelines of trading:

1. Communication is key. If you commit to trade, you commit to communicate. I think a lot of the fluster in this transaction happened because of a communication failure. Even a quick note would have helped a lot.

2. For larger trades, maybe exchange phone numbers. I have stayed in contact with people that I have traded with, and its fun for those spur of the moment times when you send something you came across just because. Plus, it only takes a moment to text something like "hey, I have your beer, here is a pic, but I wont get to FedEx until _____. Is that cool?"

3. Don't agree to ship anything you are not willing to lose. I know that sounds wrong, but a lot of things can happen, such as lost packages, broken bottles, and rip-offs. This is the internet after all, so if you would be really bummed about losing a shipment, then either (a) don't trade, (b) trade small, or (c) work out an intermediary with someone you trust to hold both boxes and then ship to final destination.

4. This may be the second most important, but pack your shipment like it will last through the apocalypse. The first shipment I did I underestimated the ability for the selected parcel carrier to completely annihilate the box and its contents. Luckily, only 1 12oz broke, but I still felt like crap. Now I package everything like it is going to be delivered by that one guy from Youtube who drives by the house at 30mph and chucks the box out of the side, off the mailbox, and into the road. Now I laugh when FedEx asks me if my shipment is packed well, because I know why they are asking. They don't care about fragile stickers.

5. Understand that this is a hobby for most of us. So make sure that you (a) understand that sometimes life gets in the way, and (b) that a lot of happiness is generated by receiving a shipment. We have all been there when we have a death in the family, an unexpected personal emergency, or a work issue. With communication, I would imagine that most people would be reasonable enough to understand that. And if they are not, send them their package anyway, and then sign them up for embarrassing things that they would have to explain to their significant other. But also understand that the best part about trading is receiving something that you would likely never have been able to experience but for the trade. It's like Christmas for adults, and us adults get excited with anticipation.

I hope that like most Disney movies, this saga culminates in a happy ending for everyone.

Very well said

Met the mail man at my mailbox just now.
False bottom and temp controller both arrived.
He told me his supervisor delivered the broken boxes and had hoped to apologize, but I wasn't home.
Apparently one broke on a pallet full of boxes on the way here from Muncie and got a lot of boxes wet. The other broke on the delivery truck and my mailman didn't want to deliver it damaged so he asked his boss to.
He said, "Everything smelled like soy sauce. It was soy sauce wasn't it?"
I said it sure was, high quality soy sauce from Texas.
Fun stuff : ))

I do agree, but the package I received from Cali came usps and the way it was packaged was perfect. No worries. Very tightly stuffed newspaper on all sides and between the beers. Perfect way to package that I'll mimic in the future

Back